US Bank / US Bancorp / poor customer service

1 Altoona, IA, United States Review updated:

On Saturday morning, July 14th, 2018 at approximately 9:20 a.m., Kelly began to assist me with my transaction. While I waited for her to complete my transaction, Marcie was assisting another customer. While the tellers were at their respective computers they were both engaged in conversation with the other customer. There seemed to be a situation with a business transaction of his. Kelly seemed to take it upon herself to look up his information on her computer, then called Marcie over to show her what she found, therefore making me service experience second and delaying my departure from the bank, causing me to be late for another appointment that morning. When I asked her if she was almost done, thinking that there may have been a problem with my account, she replied, "I'm helping you both." I asked for my paperwork back as I had to leave. She then completed my transaction after asking me to update my work situation. I informed her that I wasn't comfortable being treated as a second class customer and that she should serve one customer at a time. I am very disappointed with the level of customer service at this branch in Altoona, Iowa and will consider either doing my transactions in Newton, Iowa or finding another bank altogether. Sincerely, Bruce Baker.

• Updated by Bruce Baker, Jul 15, 2018

How about helping one customer at a time. Duh. That’s why banks have lines. She wasn’t in the lobby assisting and greeting guests. She had no business “multi-tasking.” By your response I am no longer a customer. I will begin the process of removing my account electronically. Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter. This was not the first time I have been disappointed at this branch.

Br
Jul 14, 2018

Comments

• Ho
      14th of Jul, 2018

That is frustrating but she was only trying to help everybody :)
    I would say to her "Are you good at multitasking, I hope? I'm kind of in a hurry."

15th of Jul, 2018

@HowardRoko By your response I am no longer a customer. This is not the first time I have been disappointed at this branch. She wasn’t asked to multi-task. Finish one transaction and then see if others need assistance.

15th of Jul, 2018

@Bruce Baker I could only assume that Kelly was working on my transaction. When she called Marcie over to look at her screen, I thought there was something wrong with my account. It wasn’t until I inquired that she told me she was helping both of us. Maybe you need a courtesy course on customer service also. I will be calling headquarters tomorrow morning. Thanks for your understanding.

15th of Jul, 2018

@Bruce Baker Now if your response to me would have been, “Sir, I am so sorry you had that experience. We will be informing the branch manager of this situation and hope that this is not an issue in the future for you or any of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.” And I would have been done.