US Bank / US Bancorp / overdraft fees

Martinez, CA, United States Review updated:

Dear US Bancorp Customer Service :
I have been a loyal customer for over five years with US Bank and recently I was very alarmed by how a charge dispute and customer service was handled with my complaint. The complaint was related to overdraft fees which was explained to me that US bank no longer refunded overdraft fees. While I tried to explain that I felt these charges were made in error, I was repeatedly interrupted, spoken over and basically not allowed to explain my situation. The manager that I spoke with was extremely rude and unforgiving. Her name is Andrea, ID # 168976.
My complaint was that I had experienced overdraft fees on 5/30/2018, while monitoring my account very closely. Every time I checked my online banking, it gave an available balance that did not exceed my spending. It was explained to me by Andrea that the error was from withdrawing cash from the bank over the weekend that had not been updated to my account. Not only was the cash taken five days earlier, but every time that I have taken cash from the ATM in the past, it posts to my account immediately, regardless of what day of the week it is. So, this explanation from Andrea made did not make any sense. I was charge four overdraft fees of $36 that I do not feel were made in my error, but rather an error on the part of US Bank.
I truly hope that these fees were made in error and that the customer service that I received was merely a mistake. I would like to clear this error as soon as possible to continue business with your company. I have enclosed my contact information in order to resolve this matter.

Ti
Jun 08, 2018

Comments

• Wh
      Jun 08, 2018

Keep track of your bank account and these things won't happen. It's not the bank's fault that you're not responsible with your account.

• Ju
      Jun 15, 2018

I agree with you! I had the same issue. US Bank would apply my checks at 00:01 on the Friday of my pay but then my pay would show up in their system, my checking account, at 09:01- California time. I took another account with another company to see if it was my employer's fault- and no! my check, in fact, would show sometimes 2 days in advance with that other company. I even ask the US BANK manager to close my account. She said she change my account into a "second chance checking account " that way no transactions would create overdrafts fees. But nothing was done and transactions created even after 9:01 where marked as overdraft, yet I had received part of my pay with my other bank account. US BANK is the American Modern Thief... don't open an account with them.

• Ju
      Jun 15, 2018

I agree with you! I had the same issue. US Bank would apply my checks at 00:01 on the Friday of my pay but then my pay would show up in their system, my checking account, at 09:01- California time. I took another account with another company to see if it was my employer's fault- and no! my check, in fact, would show sometimes 2 days in advance with that other company. I even ask the US BANK manager to close my account. She said she change my account into a "second chance checking account " that way no transactions wouldn't create overdrafts fees. But nothing was done and transactions created even after 9:01 where marked as overdraft, yet I had received part of my pay with my other bank account. US BANK is the American Modern Thief... don't open an account with them.