US Bank / fraud department, customer service (corporate), customer service (branch)

Gilbert, AZ, United States Review updated:

Someone attempted to withdraw funds from my usbank checking account over three months ago. I have contacted the branch manager at the gilbert location, the fraud department, the branch manager's boss, the branch manager's boss' boss... And I am still unable to withdraw money from my account, nor am I able to cash a check!
In the first 2 weeks, as I was treated as though I had done something wrong. The fraud department sent out investigators to interview me. I was then told that I would receive my money within 10 business days. That was back at the beginning of june 2010. Since then, I have jumped through countless hoops, spoken with a half a dozen incompetent employees at the branch and the corporate levels, and I still do not have my money!
Don't use usbank unless you have money to give away. Your money is not protected at usbank. If someone attempts to commit fraud and take your money (which we all know happens daily anymore), kiss it goodbye! I advise that you take your money elsewhere... Somewhere that customer service counts, and the right hand knows what the left is doing!

Comments

•   Jan 27, 2011

When we find a security risk on YOUR account, we do everything to stop it from happening. I am sure you were told to open a new account to use while the old one was "held" to stop any more loss to you. Was that done? We can remove the hold, at your risk. Sorry for trying to help you, ungreatful person.

• Au
      Apr 07, 2011

I have banked with US Bank for over 12 years and keep a decent sum of money in the account at all times. Recently, I attempted to add my fiancée to the account with my "personal banker"...a month later, he is still not added and no debit card has been issued. We both work long hours throughout the week, so the process of adding him to the account started over the telephone. It was hard enough to get a hold of Jason...4 messages and a call ever day; he finally picked up the phone on a Saturday morning. Never has he called me back, still to date! I explained to him what we wanted to do, he said that he would get the paperwork started yet we needed to come to the branch to sign documents and he would need a photocopy of our ID to keep on file. No problem...My fiancée went to the branch the following Monday after work, signed the docs and gave photo ID. He was told at the time that he would be added to the account effective immediately...this alarmed my fiancée since he knew that I had not signed anything that stated he had my permission to be added, yet had just talked to Jason over the phone...he mentioned this and the "personal banker" started to back peddle knowing that what he said was a lie. Jason mentioned that I had an appointment to be in on Tuesday morning at 10 to sign off on the documents to have Brent officially added. I showed up at 10am on Tuesday morning only to be told that I needed to wait in line for about 20 minutes since there were people in front of me and he did not have my paperwork ready. So...knowing that I have an appointment to come in on a certain day, knowing that I was taking time off of work to complete the required documents...one would think that it would be an easy transaction, sign papers, copy ID and go..Not the case. I mentioned to Jason that I did not have time to wait 20 minutes so he said he would fax the signature card to me, I could sign it and fax it back. This did seem a little odd since I do work in compliance, I know the importance and legal ramifications of having an actual signature...so I asked him if a faxed copy would work as a legal document, he said "it will not be a problem" so I gave him my fax number and he did fax me the documents like he stated he would. I went in the next day and gave a photocopy of my ID since it was not requested of me on the initial contact. Now, all the information needed from Brent and I was given to US Banks "personal banker" Jason so one would think that his name would be added and a card would be issued like requested. Right...NOPE!! After a week, I called the 1-800 number to verify that all paperwork had gone through, according to the 1-800 operator, nothing had been changed on this account and the only person on the account was me. She did state that sometimes there is a delay in the systems and just because she did not see the addition did not mean that it did not happen at the branch so to verify I would need to contact my bank directly. That made sense so again, another 10 phone calls to Jason with no call back...I finally got a hold of someone in the branch and they got him on the phone. He told me that "all was a go and Brent had been added and I should have my cards by the weekend"...ok...not the case! The weekend came and went so I walked into the bank on Monday morning. Jason was with someone so had a co-worker talk with me. It is almost like he is avoiding me for some reason… I was told at this time, on week 3, that "underwriting had kicked back my signature card and I needed to sign a new one". All I could do was laugh since I had been told that everything was ok, Brent had been added, my cards had been issued and I had originally stated that I did not think that a faxed copy would work but was told that it would be ok. What do you do… I signed the signature card and was told that my cards would be in my possession by March 31. Today is April 7 and I have yet to receive the requested cards that have been promised to me over and over and over again. I think US Banks customer service at the Auburn, WA branch sucks and I do not appreciated being lied to repeatedly and avoided by my "personal banker". If I was told from the beginning that there was an issue with documents and communicated to about what was going on, I would not be irritated about the service that I have been receiving from Jason and US Bank. I will be closing this account and refuse to deal with idiots that can’t do their job right, lie and give false information to their customers. I remember my father telling me when I was a kid, “don’t ever mess with other people’s money…it will only make them mad”! That is a true statement! I would not recommend US Bank, Auburn location to anyone and I think that Jason and the Auburn location need to be reviewed of their quality customer service that they give to loyal customers.
    Personal Banker: Jason Estes
    Branch: Auburn, WA #3439

• Wa
      Feb 08, 2018

@Auburn, WA I applied fraud activity complaint against Avast tv on checking account number153395292367 for seventynine or 72.00 and your bank hasn't done anything about it. I done this over 2 or 3 weeks ago.sincerly Warren J Staelens at [protected]@gmail.com phone number208 463-2486 0r cell 2083691573 Please do something about this

• Wa
      Feb 08, 2018

I don't think US Bank does a good job in handling complants

• Su
      Apr 10, 2018

Hi my name is Susana Ayala, I have an account with PayPal from where I made two transfers to one of the accounts in your bank. The transfer was made on March 25, 2018.

The first transfer was made at 7:00 pm for the amount of $4, 779.69 USD
    The second transfer was made at 7:00 pm for the amount of $614.01 USD for a total of $5, 393.70 USD

The transfers were made successfully, however they were made to the wrong account and I need to get the funds returned to my PayPal account please. We already made a claim, but we don't have a tracking number to monitor the funds. On a previous call that I made to your US Bank office (1-888-626-5158) I was told that the funds were there and they would be refunded to the account of origin (PayPal) but it's been over two weeks and I still haven't gotten my funds back. So could you please provide a tracking number and a response to our claim. My contact number is 0115216611250934 or 0115216645763015 at anytime.

• Li
      Jul 31, 2018

I am writing this to make you aware of a problem that needs to bought up to your aware this person by the name Michael v moretti 3rd has taken lost of money from his granmothers account her name is marliyn Condell her address is might be 7203 maybrook dr las vegas nv 89129 her telephone number is 702 658-1750 her phone is off the ringer because her grandson dose not want the bank to make her aware of whats going on and all the withdraws that he has made without her concent he bailed his girlfriend pearl Valencia out of jail over 2, 000 dollars she his girlfriend knows she told him to take the money out he also has been buying lost of electronets and weresend to the ganmothers home he also uses the money to sapport his and her drug addiction that is very sad I feel bad for her I have told her but I don't know if she belives me before her gran son but I am making you aware of this please look it to this matter asap Michael is a liar and a thief and also his girl friend they have the grandmother locked up in her own home unaware of all this I thank you so much but these people need to be put in jail for senior abuse look in to all the trans accounts and you will see he is also a hacker and he is good at it and so is she thank you very much