US Airways / US Airways MasterCard

1 Charlotte, NC, United States Review updated:

Word of caution. Recently applied for US Airways linked and promoted Barclays MasterCard. Only after applying, learned maximum credit limit regardless of credit score is USD1, 000.
Complained to customer service and supervisor. Was informed we needed to maintain card for 9 months before a credit limit increase could even be considered.

This makes the card essentially useless for us since we carry only one credit card in addition to our Amex card. Needless to say we are cancelling our application. US Airways should be looking for a new issuer as well. This one size fits all approach is untenable.

Ra

Comments

• Be
      16th of Feb, 2010

I cannot believe this! I am above and beyond done with BARCLAYS BANK. I had USAirways card with BOA and ever since Barclays took this account over I hace had NOTHING but problems. I have called three times and spoken with an account manager and was told they could fix my intrest rate which they had increased from 5.24 to 29.99 with no explination. Come to find out these "account managers" have no authority to change anything on my account what so ever. The service is awfull and i am shocked at how rude they are to their own customers. DO NOT FOR ANY REASON GET THIS CARD! I can not beleive US Airways has partnered with them, they have officialy lost all of my business i will never fly with them again.

UPDATE! After a lot of reserch I found some good info that may help and maybe just MAYBE if everyone talks to the same person we could get some help with this company. I filed with BBB agains Barclays Bank Delaware and will mail out a complaint to Attorney General of my home state. I came accross the name of the Chief Operating Officer of Barclays Bank Delaware. I have also found his office phone number and called there and asked his receptionist for the office address so I could send him a letter. I will send him the same letter i faxed to Customer Care Correspondance(866.823.8178). if you have not sent a letter to the above fax do so ASAP, you might get a little help there. OK so for the C.O.O.'s info

Joseph Purzycki, C.O.O
    125 S. West Street
    Wilmington, DE 19801
    Phone#302.255.8001-used directory by last name.

I hope this helps and to all of you who already have the misfortune of having to deal with this bank PLEASE dont stop trying. If we sit back and do nothing we have no right to complain. I will keep updating as new things come up and will pass on any good info i get. GOOD LUCK ALL

• Ra
      2nd of Mar, 2011

I agree, I just applied and was approved for a US Airways mastercard I was out of the country when i received an email explaining that i owed them $20 due within 2 weeks of the email. I have not been home and have not received the credit card. When i called to explain they said i was approved and they sent a card so i was responsible for the annual fee ($79) min payment of $20 due within 2 weeks. If i did not pay it on time i would be charged a late fee of $25 on top of the $20 plus. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE CARD YET, i cannot use it but i am responsible for the payment anyway. I explained my travel situatiopn and that i had someone home checking my mail but no credit card just a bill. Spoke with 4people including security and a supervisor NO ONE COULD OR WOULD EVEN PUSH BACK THE DUE DATE TWO WEEKS TILL I RETURNED HOME TO SEE IF THE CARD WAS THERE AND ACTIVATE IT. They also do not take any OTHER FORM payment other than your checking acct routing number. YOU CANNOT PAY WITH ANOTHER MAJOR CREDIT CARD.
    I HATE THEM ALREADY and have not even activated the card, is it worth it? I think not, cant wait to get home and rip up the card...NO CUTOMER SERVICE MEANS NO FUTURE BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. I will write the Pres of Barclays and the pres of US Airways to complain and. take it from there