US Aircare / Overcharged

US Aircare
San Jose
Phone: 866-940-3828
I had a coupon from 'Money Mailer' for a $70 air duct cleaning and scheduled an appointment. A very aggressive 3 man team entered my home and before they discussed price or estimate the work began and I was then told that the $70 was an old coupon. The cost was now $109 - then there was $195 for a chemical spray - which I refused - then he stated it would be $372 for the cleaning and an additional $280.

The receipt state the $372 is for HVAC system clean and the $280 is for the filter (which he stated was free). He had a thick accent and then stated included was the deduction of leaks. For $45 he would fix the leaks. I agreed and he charged my credit card an additional 375. I asked him to stop immediately as I did not understand how $45 became $375. He stated it was 8 leaks times $45. I asked him to stop the work immediately but he said it was already done (within the space of perhaps 5 minutes to have this discussion).

A  10th of Mar, 2009 by
I had the SAME experience as above, but spent $1500 fixing everything "wrong" with my furnace and doing cleanings and fixing leaks. DO NOT use these people!
A  26th of Apr, 2009 by
We also had a very bad experience with these people today, but fortunately we did not end up spending a penny.

We had scheduled an appointment 3 weeks ago for a Sunday cleaning (12noon - 2.00pm). I was in the house waiting for the person to show up. My wife who had gone shopping had a missed call on her mobile phone at 2.03 pm. She promptly returned the call at 2.05 pm. The guy at the other end was a male with an heavy accent and a loud voice. The guy started saying that he does not have the house number and was turning his truck back. My wife gave him the house number and said that people were waiting for him since 12.00 noon, for which this guy started yelling back at her asking "what's wrong with you. I am not going to work for you. I am getting back".

I tried calling up this number 866-940-3828 that was listed on the mailed coupon, however no one has been picking it up (maybe no support on Sunday).

This has definitely been a very bad experience and we just wasted the whole morning and afternoon waiting for a "no show".
Please do not use these guys!!!
What they say when you call them and what you get are totally the opposite...
N  20th of Aug, 2009 by
Thank you for your review. I received a coupon and am thinging about hiring this company. After reading your stories, I will throw the coupon away. Thanks.
A  22nd of Sep, 2009 by
Exactly the same issue with this company. They aggressively oversold us on adding UV filteration on the system which ended up costing $1, 500. Then the Air blower which was working fine before they came, stopped working properly. They sent someone out to look at it but now say they don't know how to fix it! I am left stuck high and dry and will probably have to call someone else and spend more money.
A  9th of Oct, 2009 by
Please DO NOT use this guys, I almost felt that they just walk into your house trick and push you for get about $1000 in under one hour !!! I was shocked when the guy gave me the bill... my god!!! I didn't even understand what was the guy saying, he talked very fast with strong accent and also push you make you nervous, he just left something which we didn't want and charge for it (he talked to my husband over the phone, my husband said no but he just left it there and charge us $300 for it), he told me that my husband knows... i had to sign the bill because i was very nervous and couldn't wait for him to leave my house... we called the company after my husband get home and told them the guy left something which we didn't want and charge for it, they said that I've signed the bill and we have to pay for it...
A  20th of Oct, 2009 by
I wish I had read the reviews before I used them. I had the $75 coupon to get the airducts cleaned where they threw in a cleaning of the dryer vents as well. The 3 man crew showed up-including Ben the fast talking guy who said that he was from Israel. They proceeded to bring their machines in to suck the dirt out of the ducts and then the high pressure sales pitch started. When I said that I did not want anything besides the ducts cleaned, they immediately packed their things and left-after unplugging my furnace and taking my old filter. We called and complained but no one is doing anything about it.
D  21st of Jan, 2010 by
I used them two weeks ago with the $75 coupon. As you said, they tried to sell a $1000 system. They were very pushy indeed. And after they left, my blower did not work. BUT, they immediately sent a technician to fix it FREE of CHARGE and now my system is working great. I think they are a great company. Agressive sales, yes, but it is up to you to buy or not. It is a free country, no one is forcing you.
D  21st of Feb, 2010 by
I had Alex and crew from Layfayette, CA..

Alex--very friendly, knowlegable and efficient!

Worked over an hour for the $70 coupon, less15% for seniors..
Went into attic to check ducts, and blew smoke to see if any leaks..

Unlike other companies, told me my old (45-yr.) furnance will last another 30-yrs!
Did not try to sell me a THING!!

I certainly recommend Alex and crew!!
D  21st of Feb, 2010 by
N  25th of Feb, 2010 by
My wife called this company after seeing a coupon solicitation for air duct cleaning. We have a son with athsma and had them come to do the cleaning. The tech told us there were a number of problems with the pressure being too low to vaccuum and that there were ducts that needed to be replaced immediately and he also tried to sell us an entirely new system for thousands of dollars. All we wanted was a basic cleaning, but we did agree to have two ducts replaced all of the ducts cleaned. The total bill was $1, 396.

Our air and dust problems never improved after this work was done. We then called another local group (this time a Diamond certified dealer) who kindly took me under our home and showed me how badly we'd been conned by US Aircare.

For $1, 396 US Aircare cleaned one out of 7 ducts in our home and left the others untouched, they did not bother to check or clean any of the filters in the system, and installed only one of the two ducts they charged us for and also did not install it or seal it properly. They also did not clean out any of the waste materials from the old duct that was replaced. And US Aircare was pushing us to spend thousands more on an entirely new system.