Ursula's Pet Grooming / Pet grooming!

1 Laguna Niguel, CA, United States Review updated:

I've been taking my Shih Tzu to Ursula's for about 6 months now and was referred by a neighbor to go to a particular groomer. This groomer was specifically asked for along with other services that were clearly stated each time I went in. On this last Saturday, I picked up both dogs (after paying $50.00 for each) and noticed on my way home that both of their faces were still dirty and there paws were covered in, what looked like, charcoal. After notifying my neighbor of the condition, she called the groomer and talked to an employee who cuts the dogs hair. We found out that our dogs have not been going to our particular groomer (even though we requested him and was told he would cut there hair), and that random people had been cutting the dogs hair, including the girl that works up at the front desk. They straight out lied to our faces on every occasion we went in there. Who knows if they were following thru with anything else we were requiring! My dog also has anal gland problems, which is one of the my requirements, and on one occasion I had to actually take her to the vet to have them emptied even after taking her in to the groomers after they said they'd take care of it. Personally I won't go back to this groomer and if your considering it I'd think twice.

Kr

Comments

• Sh
      28th of Feb, 2008

This customers complaint is totally unfair and wrong. First, we offered for her to bring her dogs back in for us to rebathe them if needed, but she did not bring them back down to show us how dirty she claims they were. Second, one of our groomers did move away, but prior to his leaving he worked with different groomers to show them how his clients liked their dogs done. We also have told all of his customers that he is no longer with us. Third, groomers can only express the outer pocket of a small dogs anal glands. Dogs that have impacted anals or trouble expressing them themselves would need to go to a vet to have the vet do a thorough job. Last, this customers friend who called for her and recommended us in the first place is still a customer with us. It is unfortunate that this customer did not come back in and give us a chance to make her happy. Instead she chose to complain with unwarranted comments.

• Je
      12th of Mar, 2008

I've also had a horrible experience with my dog at Ursula's and would never go back. I love how Sharon from there is on here trying to defend their business and of COURSE the 'customer's complaint is unfair and wrong' - this is the same attitude I experienced with her after expressing my concerns over something that happened getting my Golden groomed there.

Horrible customer service, scary practices, thanks I'll stay away- but I'm sure this will be countered by Sharon as well with "oh this is also wrong" - right. Your dog, your risk, you want to go to Ursula's you enjoy, some people also like driving without their seatbelts on or doing illegal drugs.

• Bl
      8th of May, 2009

I had been taking my two shitzus for 5 years, then one day I picked up my dogs after a grooming with my son. As we were driving home I noticed that my son had stains all over his shirt. It was blood from the the little boy dog's feet. The poor things nails were bleeding.

The next time we took the dogs in for grooming explained what happened to Ursula's and expressly asked them to be careful not to cut too short.

When we picked the dogs up, the little girl dog couldn't walk because her nails hurt so bad. She bled, and was sore for almost a week. We even took her back to Ursula's to show them. They gave us powder to help stop the bleeding. They did not offer anything else, not even a discount.

We do not go to Ursula's anymore. I just don't know what happened to them, they use to be good.

• On
      9th of Jun, 2009

I agree. I also had a bad experience. Nothing to horrible, like what I have seen on this page. But I feel like When I ask them to do something, or not do something, they don't listen and do it anyway. If I say please dont cut her hair short, I want it this length, they still cut it very short. I also saw some cuts on her that were slightly bleeding. I know that when grooming these things happen, because the dog wiggles around, but shouldn't they tell you if this happens? I also feel that when I ask questions they don't give me the full truth. But, when I pick my dog up, she always looks groomed and clean so I know they at least do that.

• Lo
      11th of Jun, 2009

It's too bad out of the hundreds of clients Ursula's gets a year, 3 or 4 had bad experiences and decided to write about it. Well, if the rest of the clients had good experiences and continue to return then I'd say they run a pretty good business. Some csutomers are very difficult to work with, which I'm sure we all know if you've worked in retail, so it's hard to really believe the reviews that people say about any business, movie, clothing line, etc. Everybody that works at Ursula's, loves animals and loves their job, which more than I can say for the majority of American citizens.

• Ki
      11th of Sep, 2009

I have two dogs and have been going to Ursula's for about a year now. I LOVE the groomers and the staff. I know they love what they do because I see it every time I bring my dogs in. I ask any one who is wondering about Ursula's to give it a try. I'm shocked at a few of these comments because I just don't believe it.

• Hu
      30th of Apr, 2010

Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to post their feedback. My groomer has moved and I have been trying to find a new one. I took my dog to Ursula's once and it seemed very impersonal and unfriendly. Like they were just running a business instead of the family feel of the other groomers I've had, where you can tell they love dogs, and treat them like their kids. Ursula's work was average and they didn't even bother trimming my dog's nails (which after reading the complaints posted above, I'm glad they didn't). I was considering giving them a second chance but now I wouldn't dream of going back.
    Thanks, again.