Urmedia Zone / Credit card fraud

I've found a movie I wanted to watch using this search engine but then a pop up appeared asking to enter my credit card info for age verification purposes. Immediately I suspected scam and just to doublecheck I googled this company and discovered that I was probably right because there are many complaints about Urmedia

Te
May 25, 2013

Comments

• Ri
      4th of Nov, 2013

Same thing happened to me too. They billed me USD44.95 for the so called free membership

• Co
      10th of Dec, 2013

Same thing happened to me. I just looked at my bank account and saw that they charged me USD 34.95 for this "free membership"

28th of Jun, 2014

If you hadn't been trying to get a "free" movie from a torrent site you wouldn't have got scammed. If would have went to a legitimate site and paid a subscription you would have been able to watch the "free" tite you wanted and probable several THOUSAND others. Quit crying and get honest!

28th of Jun, 2014

Quit crying and get honest and save your breath defending yourself! You only arrive at urmedia.net from one of about 8 torrent sites that are strictly for downloading pirated software, movies and music. If you had went to a legit subscription site you could have watched your "free" movie and several THOUSAND others for less than $10. If your going to be dishonest, don't be a cry baby when another dishonest person outsmarts you. Give use a break!

• El
      10th of Sep, 2014

I had to get a new card because of spam on my card. I didn't know what it was so after I reported fraud on my card I looked it up. Turns out that it is only free for five days but if you cancel it the next day they will refund your account. Of course I find this out after I canceled my card and am having a new card sent to me. Also if you cancel your account with urmedia.net make sure you call or there is a fee to cancel your membership. This site is a spam so stay away from it!

• Ze
      9th of Dec, 2014

This has nothing to do with trying to get free contents from torrent sites. Today I ended up on Urmedia.net searching for an e-book. When I tried to access the catalog and see what thay had to offer, a trial account registration was requested. They asked for credit card information and I submitted it, as they kept saying no charge would be made without my approval. Well, it turned out I realised that catalog was poor and not satisfying my expectations (they didn't even have the book I was looking for!). So, I tried to quit but they try to charge you for "Express cancellation". I finally send an e-mail requesting my trial cancellation. I am still waiting but I have already seen they have charged me 1 euro. For nothing. I am pretty sure this is illegal in my country. Please, do not trust Urmedia.