Urbanhom.com / Stay away from them

I ordered patio furniture for a wedding that is scheduled to take place this weekend. The order date was the first week of February. Today is June 8th. It has been OVER 4 months. They promised delivered in 8-10 weeks. When we ordered we believed giving them 4 months was ample time given their 2-2.5 month window. We were wrong. Now we'll be going without patio furniture at our outdoor wedding.

That's not the worst part. The worst part is the way they've continuously lied and hit the truth. On May 28th, after hounding them seeking status updates, they told me the product had arrived and was awaiting pick up from the shipper. Well, that was 11 days ago and now for the past three days the "seller" (UrbanHom) has been contacting the shipper and requesting delays, delays, delays. Why? Because they probably don't have the furniture in their possession yet. They are a bunch of crooks and liars. It's one thing to lack any control over your suppliers. It's quite another to start lying to your customers. Now I have less than 3 days to run out and pay a King's ransom to purchase replacement furniture AND I have to go through the Hell that I'm sure UrbanHom will wage as I attempt to get a refund of my $1, 700... money those ### have had in their hands for over 4 months. Money I could have been earning interest on.

Ju

Comments

• Da
      5th of Jan, 2011
    Urbanhom.com - While their prices may be appealing, their service is terrible
    Urbanhom.com
    urbanhom.com

I ordered a set of outdoor furniture in November with the promise of delivery in 6-8 weeks. It is now April and I don't have my order. They charged me in November. Customer Service is horrendous and has yet to give me a straight answer.

My order was finally shipped at the end of March - but watch out for the FREE Shipping! Like I said, end of March - it is April. My order is sitting in Plainfield, IN waiting for another scheduled delivery to my area so my order can "piggyback" with that delivery.

While their prices may be appealing, their service is terrible. And if you want your item in a reasonable amount of time - FORGET IT! I would have much rather paid a little more - and even paid for shipping - just to get my order.

Stop - don't look back - don't even bother with UrbanHom.com !!!

27th of Jan, 2011

I too was swindled by this company. do you know they have an F rating? They just changed names to www.lightgreydesign.com. I guess trying to stay ahead of the law.
    My order took over six months to receive and when it arrived it was the wrong item and missing a $200 piece. they don't answer phone calls or emails so the Minn. AG has my complaint.

27th of Jan, 2011

Something has to be done with a company like this. Just google their name and look at all the complaints.

• Mo
      21st of Apr, 2011
    Urbanhom.com - This is a fraudulent company and they are now doing business as LIGHT GREY DESIGN
    Urbanhom.com
    urbanhom.com

BEWARE! This is a fraudulent company and they are now doing business as LIGHT GREY DESIGN. I now know why they keep changing their business name. I had to file a dispute through my credit card company to get my money back. This company will take your money and will not deliver your furniture. They will not reply to emails, answer phones, or reply to voice mail once you have placed your order. I wish I had read the reviews from other customers who had the same experience before I ordered from them. I'm just thankful that I ordered with my credit card and that my credit card company handled the dispute.