Urban Development Solutions Inc. / Pretending to be a not for profit

1 PO Box 18324Golden, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-888-9025

Last night a very nice African American person came to our door to sell us magazines in order for him to collect the very few points he needed to become a paid employees of Urban Development Solutions Inc. He told us all about his upbringing in a dysfunctional household. He also explained to goal of Urban Development Solutions and told us that our subscription/donations to magazines were deductible. We subscribe to 2 magazines and gave him a check to pay for them. Today, we checked the website of Urban Development Solutions Inc. It is a for profit organization. We canceled the check because we were not told the truth about that sale. We feel bad about the person who came to our door but cannot give our money to people who do not tell us the truth.

Comments

• Ju
      23rd of Sep, 2008

I subscribed to three magazines to help out a young, African American. It was four months before two of the three magazines arrived. I did get a refund for the third, since they were not able to honor the subscription.

However, after a few issues, the other two subscriptions quit coming. So far, I have not had satisfaction from the company.

• Kr
      23rd of Oct, 2008

We ordered one magazine from a gentleman with a similar pitch. That was back in Febuary 2008. We have not received the magazine; our check was cashed in July. Our attempts to reach the company have been unsuccessful - a perpetually full voicemail box. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

• Ag
      10th of Sep, 2010

Hi Im a agent for UDS and this oragantion is a blessing to the young adults that come from not so good areas.. it gives us a chance to meet positive peolpe that have made somthing out of themselves. I do believe if it was not for this program many young adults would be still in gangs, doing or selling drugs, or somewhere they dont need to be !!! I Thank God EVERYDAY for UDS!!! And with alot of business shipping can srew up use our website WWW.URBANDS.COM

THANK YOU AND HAVE A BLESS DAY, ( SEE YOU SOON LOL!!!)

• Se
      25th of Sep, 2010

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM THEY ARE RECRUITING YOUNG BLACK MALES TO BECOME THIEVES. IF YOU SEE THESE PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFORMATION OR OPEN YOUR DOOR CALL THE POLICE. THE LADY RECRUITING THESE BOYS NAME IS LYNDA BUTLER

7th of Mar, 2011

heyv well im, apart of uds and it has helped me in so many ways...we will b featured on cnn tomorrow...i know one thing no one wants to see a bhlack african american make it in this world but by the grace of god we are over coming life itself...

• Dm
      28th of Mar, 2011

I give my empathy for the lies you were told and the deceit given. But I would like to say that the company itself is a good, honest company and I do hope that this was not a deal breaker for you, although that was a terrible first impression of the company. :(

BTW, this business is NOT a scam.