Urban Class Gear / Awful company

1 East Islip, NY, United States Review updated:

My story is very similar to that of Jake from Knoxville, Tennessee (See report # 346314). By the way let it be said up front that I do not own a company nor am I trying to sell hats either. I am simply a consumer who had a very bad experience with Urban Class Gear. My nephew has been living with me and on 22 June 2008 he entered the Urban Class Gear website and placed an order for a hat. After 5 days of not even getting an email confirming his order he contacted Urban Class Gear via email and asked if his hat had been sent and gave a transaction ID. Within minutes he received an answer saying that Urban Class Gear needed to know the order date.

So he proceeded to send the requested information. Again within minutes he got a replay, but the answer was and I quote: 'you need to allow at least 10 business days for delivery as stated in PayPal when you ordered thank you your hats will be sent out shortly'. My nephew acknowledged that Urban Class Gear still had time to deliver the merchandise he was simply asking had it been shipped yet and could he have a tracking number. Urban Class Gear never answered.

After waiting for 12 business days; again he contacted Urban Class Gear. Once again Urban Class Gear simply taped danced around the subject giving excuses, claiming to be working around the clock, promising the hat would arrive soon. But did not answer the question asked: 'Has the hat been shipped and can he supply a tracking number'. My nephew sent a number of emails asking the same question over and over and Urban Class Gear just kept answering the wrong questions and never giving my nephew the information he was looking for.

My nephew has been in contact with PayPal because Urban Class Gear has already charged for the hat even though they can't produce evidence that it has been shipped. He has been told he has to submit a formal complaint. I also find it very suspicious that PayPal could not tell us whether Urban Class Gear had any other complaints unless we placed a formal complaint. So I guess what PayPal is saying is: you first have to get ripped off then jump through hoops in order for them to at least listen to you.

In the process of searching for evidence to present to PayPal in the formal complaint my nephew went to find the My Space website where it said the orders were delivered between 7 to 10 business days and it had become private/ by invitation only.

I must say Urban Class Gear or whoever is answering the emails for them has a serious attitude. He/she is very arrogant to say the least. On more than one occasion he/she has contradicted himself/herself making us believe he/she is just flat out telling lies. After reading what happened to Jake and then reading the comments posted by Timmy I have to believe that since Timmy worked for Urban Class Gear it is company policy to Tap dance around the issues.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      12th of Jul, 2008

I ordered a hat from this website on June 19. It is July 12 and I still have not recieved it. I emailed him a week ago and was told that they had been backed up due to the fourth of July and my hat would ship this week. I am starting to think that I will never get my hat. This is ridiculous and I just got scammed out of fourty dollars.

• Al
      18th of Jul, 2008

yeah i have jst bought hats off a email could hatsncaps2096@hotmail.com they were very good and quick to get my redbull caps i reconmend them

• Er
      18th of Jul, 2008

***************ATTENTION****************
    ****************SCAM ALERT****************
    ********** CONSUMER BEWARE************

IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT PLACING AN ORDER WHIT EITHER URBANCLASGEAR.COM OR CCSHATS.COM THINK TWICE AND DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST. IF YOU STILL DECIDE TO DO BUSINESS AT LEAST YOU WILL DO SO UNDERSTANDING WHAT TO EXPECT.

BOTH OF THESE COMPANIES HAVE BEEN SCAMMING CONSUMERS. SEE THE WEB SITES BELOW FOR COMMENTS OF CONSUMERS.

1. https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/urban-class-gear-c79265.html

2. /URL removed/

3. http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080702191923AAirk0y

4. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080716204958AATB1ju

5. http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Regional-Forums, 4/FREE-RED-BULL-HATS-AT-URBANCLASSGEARCOM-ORDER, 35965?page=2

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEM SCAMMED BY THESE COMPANIES JOIN THE FIGHT TO PUT THEM OF BUISNESS AND ENSURE THEY RECEIVE THEIR JUST PUNISHMENT FOR THE CRIMES THEY HAVE COMMITTED . DON'T ALLOW THIS SCAM TO CONTINUE TO HURT THE HARD WORKING CONSUMER. REPORT YOU EXPERIENCES TO !!!

1. http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

• Pa
      23rd of Jul, 2008

ya, they just totally deleted there website!

28th of Jul, 2008

yep website deleted and still no hat. my case is different. i acutally received a hat from them and on time on the 10th day. it just took forever. but the hat i received was not the one i order. so they recommended i return the hat, pay for the shipping myself, and they would ship me out the correct hat and reimburse me the shipping cost. so i returned the hat and not im out $5.45 for the shipping and price for the worng hat. and i still dont have my red bull hat.

1st of Aug, 2008

I had the same trouble, emailing them over and over just to get information about tracking numbers, sometimes they would respond within the hour and others it would take a week

it took over a month just to deliver two red bull hats.
    and they were the wrong ones, but fortunately in the right size

at least they were cheap though, but i wouldnt trust small companies like this again

i noticed they deleted their website recently.. pretty sketchy
    anthony, you should use the info from the package you got the hat in the first time to look them up and call them
    hopefully they give you your hat :S

i was able to talk to the business owner's son on facebook, but he gave me short responses just like the emails

6th of Aug, 2008

I also have placed an order with urbanclassgear and have not received my hats.
    at first they would respond to my emails, but give me the run around. now i cant even get them to respond.
    the web site has been deleted and PayPal is just as worthless. if you filed a complaint after 45 days of your order, PayPal will do NOTHING!!!
    Please if you have a complaint with this company, please report it!

• Bo
      8th of Aug, 2008

im sorry to say but if you have orderd a hat with them you will never get it and you wont get a refund he told me he shipped it then he said he didnt he played around for 5 weeks then last week he sayd no more red bull hats i refunded you i cheked and did he refund me of course NOT paypal dose nothing we never for invoices so we have no prove we bought from then, urban class gear the owner theres one way to describe him a ###ing loser we work hard to get money and he takes it pffft im in grade 10 i have a job 12 dollars an houer thats four houers of my pay to some loser, thats made me not to trust the internet i was telling my ffriends how good it was to its a shme it really is, theres not much i can do now exsept lern from my mistakes!
    thank you for your time on reading this
    Ryan, perth australia