UPS United Parcel Service / incompotent and pass the buck

1 55 Glenlake ParkwayAtlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

Took the day off work to wait for a package from UPS that was supposed to be deivered today. The package was express delivery from QVC because it contained chicken and was packed in dry ice. Waited all day, tracking the package online throughout. Said it was out for delivery. Then (without ever leaving the house) the online tracking information displayed that 'A CORRECT STREET NUMBER IS NEEDED FOR DELIVERY UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION'. WTF? They had no problem delivering a package to my very same address twice last week. I called the 1-800 number and waited on hold for 15 minutes. I spoke to the represenative and she told me that I could go pick that package up (after conforming the very same address that was on my item). I said no, I had taken the day off work and the pickup center was too far away. She said that they would attemot delivery tomorrow. I said unacceptable, I won't be home and the item will end up back at the pickupcenter and that the items inside were perishable. She said the same thing again. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She put me on hold for 15 minutes and then the call was disconnected. Called UPS again and finally got through to a supervisor who transferred me to the manager of the pickup center. I told him how unacceptable this situation was and how my building receives a million packages a week and how the item was perishable. He said there was nothing he could do, "the driver was back". I asked him how the address could have an incorrect street number when I still had a box delivered from UPS from last week with the very same address. He said again that there was nothing he could do. So long story short, it looks like I will be receving a shipment of probably rancid chicken at my job tomorrow. Thanks UPS. You guys suck. In the future, I will use FedEx or USPS.

Je

Comments

• De
      25th of Feb, 2009

Hi Jeff:

My apologies for the frustrations you experienced with this shipment. I work with UPS Public Relations and I'd like to help.

Please send me your contact details to upsfeedback@ups.com so that I can connect you with our Corporate Customer Relations team.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Debbie Curtis-Magley
    UPS Public Relations
    upsfeedback@ups.com

• Ry
      5th of Jul, 2009

That reminds me of when my father ordered me a computer... this was years ago, but the ups delivery driver insisted that because there was a female at the address he delivered the package to that she was me. He was told that I did not live there but insisted on leaving the package there...

That's not a safe idea.. in the end, I did get the package.. but the UPS delivery man should have paid more attention.

• Pe
      4th of Aug, 2015

As a customer of UPS and hearing where they stand on the issue of transporting dead animals from trophy hunters I can no longer use your service. You should take one's cue from the major airlines making the right choice by banning the transportation of dead animals and not just because so many people are against trophy hunting but also because is the moral thing to do. Don't allow the greed of money influence your decision, remember the business of the majority matters more than the money of a few hunters. Don't take this movement lightly as it's been brewing for a long time, it just got to the boiling point with the death of a protected lion lured out of his protected habitat by greedy heartless hunters. Please be on the right and moral side, ban the transportation of dead animals.

• Va
      4th of Aug, 2015

Please re-examine your stance on the transporting of dead animals from trophy hunters...you are on the wrong side of the argument and will be both embarassed and regretful of your position. This is a shameful practice conducted by those of seriously questionable mental status.
    Stand with animals and those who love them and against cruelty and extreme selfishness and evil.

• Ka
      4th of Aug, 2015

UPS has seen the last of my business. Until your stance over the transportation of murdered animals changes, I will use another service. A service with compassion and a sense of global responsibility. Goodbye.

• Su
      4th of Aug, 2015

Your corporation is lousy at delivering packages. If someone is not home it is because they're at work, so why not just leave the package at the front door? Do you know how easy it would make every customer's life? It's not like your delivery men are asking for tips! And another thing, your refusal to ban the shipment of trophy heads makes your corporation look worse than before! Way to go!