UPS / The UPS Store / Mail Boxes, Etc. / I will never do business with ups, the ups store, or mail boxes etc again!

1 6060 Cornerstone Court WestSan Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

On October 24, 2007, while I was working out of town, my husband brought my computer to The UPS Store and paid to have it shipped to me via next day air ($161.88). When the computer did not arrive at my hotel in Atlanta GA on October 25, I called my husband and then UPS. UPS had no record of picking up the package and suggested I call The UPS Store. The UPS Store initiated a lost package trace. For about a week we feared that all of my translation work and business records were gone for good. The following week, my husband came home and found a notice of attempted delivery. The next day, he picked up our computer at the local UPS distribution center. Apparently the local store employee had painstakingly covered up all the air mail stickers from the previous shipment with white tape and affixed all new new air mail stickers. The employee apparently also covered up the new "ship to" address with white tape and left the old "ship to" address intact, which resulted in the computer returning to my husband in Detroit instead of reaching me in Atlanta. After repeated visits and phone calls to the store, repeated phone calls to UPS, and repeated phone calls to The UPS Store corporate office, I was told that UPS had issued a refund to the local store on November 12, 2007. On November 29, I filed a formal complaint with The UPS Store corporate office since I had still not received a refund from the local store. On December 10, after hearing nothing from The UPS Store, I called the corporate office again and was told that the local store would be issuing a refund sometime this week. Both the corporate office and the local store were unwilling to offer any type of compensation for the hours I had spent trying to obtain my rightful refund, not to mention the days of anxiety I spent thinking I would have to rebuild my records from scratch. I learned my lesson about shipping anything irreplaceable, but I will never do business with UPS, The UPS Store, or Mail Boxes Etc again! When other companies ship to me, I will choose any option other than UPS.

Va

Comments

• Er
      14th of Jul, 2008

I too will never do business with UPS again! I mailed two framed pieced of art.. they were never delievered to the location in which I sent them. Then I tracked the package on the internet with a notation that said, " The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery/ returned to shipper." I called UPS and they said they did not even try to deliver it to the forwarding address due to damage that was done to the package. That the store I shipped it from would receive the package back in two days and at that time I (along with the store from which I shipped it) would open it, check the packaging and then determine if a claim could be made. It did not end there. The package actually went to the corporate office in SLC, Utah ( approx.15 minutes from where I live) and decided (without contacting me or the shipping store) to THROW IT IN THE GARBAGE. My claim was denied and my product is somewhere in a landfill right now. Unless my framed art is hanging in someones house. We will never know, because the package was never seen by myself, the customer I shipped it to, or the place I shipped it from. Does anyone know what my rights are here? What can I do? HELP PLEASE!!!

• Po
      20th of Apr, 2009

I'm in combat with a local UPS store. I pay big bucks for a USPS delivery space that will accept UPS pkgs too. If I have them delivered to where I reside, there are 1-2 extra days for delivery, so it takes all of that out of the picture...well so I thought.

I purchased an item online and had it sent to my UPS Store mail box. It was sent USPS from a city only about 40 minutes from where I reside. I thought it strange when after the second week, it hadn't arrived yet. So I emailed the sender of my package. Luckily he had a delivery confirmation that was delivered over 2 weeks before. The red face...the furious thoughts...I can't even describe what I thought could have happened to my $200+ pkg. So I called the UPS Store. I was told, "Oh it's here ready for you to pick up." I exclaimed, "Why wasn't it given to me YESTERDAY when I stopped by to pick it up? Or last week when I stopped in to pick it up?" The idiot said, "Well I'm only part time, so I can't answer that." EXCUSE ME??????????? I pay nearly $160 per year to have SUPERIOR SERVICE...NOT INFERIOR SERVICE!!! Now the manager/owner refuses to call me back. Says I need to get ahold of him/her. OMG!!! I PAY YOUR F'ING WAGES!!! YOU TAKE MY MONEY!!! YOU REFUSE TO DELIVER MY USPS PACKAGE?????????? MAIL FRAUD!!!

• Ne
      28th of Dec, 2009

Ha ha ha! LOL! Too bad, so sad! Well, you know what "stuff" flows downhill, and you can probably lay these dual fiascos (there are many, many more) at the doorstep of United Parcel Service, through whose crooked efforts these UPS Stores have been forced to cut back on staff, and to lose experienced personnel (they cannot afford to pay them more than minimum wage) because they are all going broke! UPS has userped what was their (MBE's) business, and turned these stores into glorified, unpaid drop-off boxes! That's why there is a 3500 member Class Action proceeding against UPS, Inc. in LA County Superior Court! Early 2010! So, spread the word! Another example of a large corporation screwing over "the little guy", one who has not the "horsepower" to fight back! He/she ends up taking all the blame! Want to get even? Spread the word! 10 people tell ten people tell ten people! Tell them; Do not patronize UPS...and very much so badmouth the company! I won't go back, for I learned my lesson (the hard way) a couple of years ago! (Sorry about the tone of my post, but misery does love company)!

• Un
      20th of Oct, 2010

Went to MBE and asked to send a package via UPS home to my mom in Oregon. I explained that her overage fee for her luggage being over 50 pounds would be approx 90.00. I didn't want to pay that much, so I asked if they could send the package for less. They Assured me it would cost about HALF as much. After they packaged up the items, weighed and measured them, the total bill was 91.22! 1.22 MORE than sending them on the plane. I asked how this could possibly happen, and the associate Laughed at me. Since they had already wrapped them up, I had to pay for them to ship. I think this is a case of Fraud, so I contacted MBE Corportate and they said they would file a complaint with the store and the manager would call me to "explain" why it cost so much! Not to apologize or refund part of the cost, just explain. Still waiting for that phone call. Will NEVER use MBE again. Never!