UPS / horrible service

1 Cedar Rapids, IA, United States Review updated:

I am a diabetic. with such, i am relying on the insulin pump to function correctly and not fail, however, in such a case, medtronic supplies overnight delivery to keep us diabetics healthy. Yesterday, my insulin pump became non-functional and in such, medtronic sent me a new insulin pump. UPS told them it would be delivered by 10:30am this morning. it is now 1:11pm and i have not received any information whatsoever about my pump. I've been sitting next to the front door, waiting for them, watching out the window and they have not come. where are they? It's a critical MEDICAL item and they think we can go without it?! at least they could let me know they are going to be late or if they are going to even deliver it.

Ta

Comments

• Ag
      16th of Dec, 2010

I too have had an experience with UPS in Iowa today. It is not a medical necessity, but i feel that UPS is not doing a very good job letting people know what is going on. In my case I was expecting a package, had a tracking number and checked the UPS website and it showed the tracking of it. It finally showed that it was delivered, yet know one came to my door and there was no package outside. I called UPS and they could not help because all the information they had was that it was delivered. I then contacted the seller I bought from and they said they would investigate and then contact me. After this i had to go to post office and drop of some cards and in my P.O. Box there was a yellow card saying I had a package. It was my UPS package. When I asked the postmaster why it was delivered to post office she told me it was something that is set up with UPS called the "extra mile" and certain packages are dropped of at post office for delivery.
    It would have been nice if someone had known that or if the tracking said it was delivered at post office, so when the initial poster put that they are expecting a package to be delivered today it is possible that the UPS website made them believe it.

• He
      16th of Dec, 2010

Do you realize how many packages drivers have to delivery on a daily basis? Especially with Christmas being next week they are overloaded, and overworked! With the extreme weather conditions, and the delays on the packages the drivers try as hard as they can to get their packages out. Do you realize the drivers leave as early as 5am? And they don't get back to their office until 7-8 pm? Now it's understandable that you need your medication, but you have to take into consideration, the drivers have NO IDEA whats in your package, and if they stopped to call all 5o0 people that are expecting packages it would make him even more delayed. If your medication is so important, maybe your shipping company should consider calling in scripts to your local pharmacies...

• Ag
      16th of Dec, 2010

Stealth, you are right to one extent that yes I did receive the package, however on the UPS website it says delivered at 9:45am as of this reply it is 4:52pm and there is not an update on their tracking website except to say delivered, so as of yet there is no update that it was delivered to post office. If the seller had not sent me an email saying when to expect it I would not have been waiting, so was the seller wrong? perhaps. But I would not have even wondered about or called if the tracking did not say delivered. And when i called if i would have been told it was delivered to post office it would have been an easy fix, BUT the person i talked to said it was just delivered. And if the selling business would have told me when I called questioning them if they knew anything would have told me to check the post office it would have been no biggie. And when I called them to let them know that there business, king size direct. com, did not need to investigate because i did receive the package at the post office, the representative STILL said they are going to investigate because shipping was paid for UPS not USPS. This is what the representative told me, personally I could care less long as I get what was paid for.
    The whole point of my initial response to the original poster was to let them know that yes, i have had a problem with UPS but according to the postmaster they have an agreement with UPS at the post office something called "the extra mile" she said the same agreement is with Fed Ex and something called Speedie so i was trying to let the person with the complaint know that perhaps this persons package was indeed delivered and maybe to check the post office. If i would have replied "check the post office" then someone would have said "it was sent UPS not post office" most likely and this person still might not have any idea what was going on.