UPS / driver damaged my house with truck and insurance will not pay

On June 3 2008 UPS made a delivery to my house. In the process of leaving the driver drove through the branches of a tree next to my house. It had been raining and the branches were hanging low. As he proceeded into the tree a branch snagged on his truck and also on an overhead wire. The wire was attached to the side of the house. The wire was ripped down and siding was pulled from the house. Liberty Mutual, their insurer refused to pay for the damages saying it was an act of "Nature". After contacting my lawyer, he told me it was useless to sue them in small claims court as they would have it moved to regular court and a team of their lawyers would put me through "***". Evidently this is the way they treat all claims against them.

Va

Comments

• Ri
      16th of Oct, 2008

YESTERDAY A UPS TRUCK WAS DELIVERING A PKG TO A NEIGHBOR WHO WAS NOT HOME APPARANTLY HE WAS SPEEDING DOWN HIS DRIVEWAY AND KILLED MY DOG HE CLAIMS HE WAS DOING 15 TO 20 MILES HE IS A LIAR THERE ARE SKID MARKS ALL OVER MY NEIGHBORS DRIVEWAY HE BROKE MY DOGS LEG AND HIP UPS TRUCKS ARE A MENACE ON THE ROAD BECAUSE THEY SPEED ALL THE TIME I HAVE SEEN THEM.
    AT THAT SPEED HE COULD HAVE AVOIDED THE DOG THE DOG WENT UNDER HIS WHEEL BECAUSE HE COULD NOT STOP FOR SKIDDING HOW MANY OUT THERE HAVE SEEN SIMULAR SITUATIONS OUT THERE LIKE MINE I CALLED UPS TO COMPLAIN HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM THEM

• Co
      20th of Nov, 2008

UPS just killed my dog in CA today...driver said did not know that he drove over my 80lb dog...who drives a vehicle and cannot feel when they hit a bump. My dog was left dead and crushed on my driveway for me to come home to and then bury in my yard...do not let these guys on your driveway.

• Jd
      21st of Feb, 2009

To the dog people, keep your dogs fenced in as you're supposed to for both your dogs and for other people. Courts will find you liable, not the drivers.

To the branches person, same thing. If your branches are hanging over your driveway, too bad. It's your responsibility.

1st of Jun, 2009

UPS drops the package off 15 miles from my house, doesnt call and leaves a note in my mailbox about the package being delivered. Very frusterating, out of the last maybe 5 packages i've ordered, 4 were delivered to a store 15 miles from my house!

Also, I just payed for the overnighter last Friday, and Well its monday about 1 pm and I still don't know where the heck my package is.

• La
      10th of Nov, 2011

ups delivered me a package on 10-29-11 on his way out he hit my light pole trying to make a right hand turn ! i called my insurance company they told me to call ups i called them and told them what happen -they told me they would send someone out the next day -nobody showed up ! called again two days later they told me they would come out the next day no show ! came out the day after that, still trying to find away to said there driver didn't do it -even after the tire marks matched the marks on the pole took pictures -they try to make that same turn with out going across the line couldn't . never called me back it a week tomorrow when they came out. tracking # on package -1z3x29830391020593 what can i do to have ups pay for damage?? ljsellman@aacps.org