UPS / ups - unusually pathetic service!

Nine out of ten of deliveries to me are messed up. Either they cannot find my street, or my house, or its snowing, or something else. My packages are usually only delivered after a phone call [protected]), and when the driver does finally come and I ask him what the problem was, he always says "must be that new driver". Yeah, right. So I've decided to specifically request the companies I order from to send my stuff USPS.

Also I think UPS should change their name to Unusually Pathetic Service, because that's what their service is --unusually pathetic.

Comments

• Wa
      11th of Jan, 2008

Email to UPS
    Still don’t have my package.

Was hung up on by your Manager (at least she claimed to be the service center manager) from my local center.

I did EXACTLY what you UPS asked me to do to guarantee I would get the shipment – let them re-attempt, and they would delivery to my leasing office. So when you tag my door – and write on it “Delivered to Leasing office.” And I go to the leasing office – my shipment is not there – and the people who work there state your driver came – delivered freight there but came back an hour later because it was the wrong freight (it belonged to the apartment complex next to ours) but failed to leave anything for us.

So when I finally get to speak to someone from the local service center – of course they have no idea of my past conversations with that facility. And the best they can do I re-delivery the package the next day? I still cant pick it up? Bottom line is – I am the CUSTOMER, I paid for a service – you (UPS) failed to deliver. You FAILED to make right mistakes that your driver made. UPS failed to even try to be helpful or courteous. Instead, I get someone who cuts me off, interrupts, and hangs up the phone?

I wasn’t being rude but I was wanting a solution. If I tell someone I am going to do something – I do it. If I made a mistake doing it – I would correct my mistake.

So this being the first response I have received of the three emails I have sent – I will hope at least some action will be taken to maybe, just maybe rectify situations like this going forward. At least maybe the next customer will have a better interaction with UPS.

I do apologize that whoever is reading this is having to read this. It is a waste of both my and your time. If UPS (along with all courier services) just pick up and delivery the freight as advertised – emails, calls, etc are not needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Pretty sad when the only thing I can do is not use your service, send ugly emails, and call your 1800 number. I asked to file a complaint – but noone seemed to know how or wanted too. All I can do is tell others of my experience – which I plan to share with whoever will listen. Shipping is a “Service” not a product.