UPS / delivery sucks

55 Glenlake ParkwayAtlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

An item was shipped to me via UPS. I received a note on my door the first day they attempted to deliver it(I was at work and came home at 4:45pm). The note said that they would deliver it the next day between 2 and 5 pm. I took off from work and went home so that I could get the package. As soon as I got home I called the company who said they would alert the delivery team. I then wrote a note in red permanent marker addressed to UPS saying please ring doorbell or knock when you come. At 7 pm a visitor rang my doorbell and to my great surprise there was a note from UPS saying that they tried to deliver the package again but were unsuccessful! I was here the entire time and no one had rung the doorbell or knocked on the door. I called the UPS office and asked them why the delivery person had not rang the doorbell or knocked on the door. Their only response was in the form of a question "Was a signature required for delivery?" I said yes. The UPS person then said that she does not know why they did not ring the bell or knock on the door. She said that she would contact them again and ask that they deliver the package that evening. At 8:30pm the package was still not delivered. I called the UPS office again and asked to speak to a supervisor. She said that she will contact the delivery person but could not promise delivery that evening. I said that I would be at home the next day from 5 pm. She said that she will have them deliver it AFTER 5 PM and that she will call and leave a message at 10am that day. I came home at 4 :45 PM on the agreed upon day to find another note from UPS on my door saying that they tried to deliver the package and that was the final attempt. There was no telephone message as was promised either. I called the UPS 800 number again and related the events to the customer service rep. He hung up the phone before I was done. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor who did NOT listen to the events beyond the second delivery attempt but said that he would investigate and get back to me within an hour. He could not tell me when or if I will get my package that day. I offerred to pick up the package at one of the offices in my town but he could not tell me if that was possible either! This is the most awful and utterly POOR QUALITY customer NON-service that I have ever experienced and what is more no one at this company even acts like this is a service that they receied payment to provide nor shows any concern for the customer or the degree of inconvenience caused by their failure to provide the service for which they were paid!!
Va

Comments

St
  31st of Jan, 2009
After ordering an item and being told it would be delivered via post office, and still not receiving it, I heard a UPS truck coming down the street. It stopped in front of my home, backed up to my neighbors home, and tossed a package about the size I was expecting, into their yard. Figuring that UPS once again delivered a package for me to my neighbors home, I went over there and sure enough, it was mine. The neighbors were not home and I wasn't too happy that my expensive item was just laying on their front lawn.
I am an assistant manager at this mobile home park, and about 90% of tenants do not like management, but thank God the neighbor who continually gets my UPS packages happens to be one tenant who likes me.
My home, as others, are CLEARLY MARKED with space numbers.
In
  16th of Aug, 2011
I know how you feel. I have a really bad experience with UPS. First of all, the UPS delivery person never rings the bell or even knock the door. Also, when I called customer service they were rude to me. I will just try to avoid UPS delivery in future. I will just try fedex or usps...or other delivery services...

United Parcel Service of America [UPS] Logo United Parcel Service of America [UPS]
Overall Satisfaction Rating