UOL The NAMESDATABASE / Letter from FIA to me

I received a letter from FIA Cardservices regarding attempted fraud. I have called 3 different numbers - 2 provided in the letter, and 1 on the back of my card. I can't reach a REAL PERSON.
The letter says that attempts to contact me were unsuccessful. No one has ever tried calling me to the best of my knowledge. You may respond to me at [protected], or by e-mail at bettyhenika@gmail.com

Comments

• Rh
      8th of Aug, 2012

The uol namesdatabase is a fraudulent company that is exploiting a hole in the visa system and probably all other debit/credit systems. Imagine going into your local shop and buying four beers on your debit card. You give your authority for this one transaction and go home and drink your beer. Your wife then bashes you on the head for drinking the beer and you vow to never buy any again or anything else for that matter!! Job done or so you think! Then every Friday the shop uses the same details of the first transction to charge you as if you'd been there again to buy some more beer every Friday. My bank tells me that if the shop doesn't operate properly they can't stop it happening but they will send Visa a letter about this incorregible shop, and they give me a number to ring them and cancel my subscription. So I do all that and get no-one to talk to, but think my bank has got the better of this unauthorised transaction and that must be it. Well guess what, that same low down theiving shop has done it again this year!! Check your bank account and complain to your bank, the FSA in the UK and the Visa organisation. Your bank is refunding this thieving compny based in the USA who have no morales and will rob you for as long as they can. It might just be a couple of dollars each but imagine how many people they are doing this to! If anyone in America can expose the operators of this company they would get a huge amount of money for the story from the banks and the news industry!!

5th of Apr, 2013

I am experiencing the same thing. I cancelled my subscription three years ago and am still being charged. Trouble is I have written to them for removal at least half a dozen times with no results. Is there an address which I can send registered mail to? If so please advise. I have advised my bank, the Visa organisation etc but short of cancelling my Visa card... what to do? I will be sending a letter to the disputes office here also.

16th of Jul, 2013

Me too!! I cancelled 3 years ago too and they keep charging me. What can I do? Anyone know.

17th of Jul, 2013

jacquiD - I finally got an answer from the uol namesdatabase by writing to this address questions@namesdatabase.com (but not before I had cancelled my Visa card so they could not take out anything more from it). I know it is not a huge amount but I preferred to stand up for my rights and if cancelling my Visa was the only way, I was going to do it. It is just so hard to find an address to contact them but I hope the above is a help to you too. Hope you are able to cancel too without going through what I did. Good luck Maria Dee

• In
      23rd of Dec, 2013

I'm in South Africa and don't even know what this is about, but R120 was deducted from my account yesterday and I recall now that it also happened last year (2012) this time. How can I stop this from being debited out of my account and how will I get the money back?