Unlock Search / not getting a service for the value of the payement i sent

1 Beaverton,14525 SW Millikan 55662, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: Oregon 97005-2343

i have not recieved the information i neede to unlock the phone i requested. i did need to unlock a motorola v3 not l7. i would like a refund.

Ni

Comments

Am
  13th of Feb, 2009

I also paid f0r an unlock code but am still waiting for it.

Ll
  4th of Mar, 2009

This site looks somewhat legit and it is just someone that wants to make money for nothing and will probably not refund. Even though i just wasted $10 I should have had a better visual of what I was getting. How about some testimonials.

Ak
  7th of Mar, 2009
Unlock Search - miseleading

Deceptive Internet ad. Looks like they deliver subsidy code; when all it is, is a report on widely known methods of unlocking cell phones.

Bi
  12th of Mar, 2009

They do say that they can only unlock certain phones. I was impressed as they gave me a refund when i asked.

St
  1st of May, 2009

I paid for unlock search but never get the unlocked code, this website is ###, even only $10, I like to get my moneyback but I dont know the adress

An
  16th of May, 2009
Unlock Search - Dont Use THEM
Unlock Search

They will charge ten dollars for information you can get for FREE!!! Unlock Search DOES NOT unlock your phone! They only send you instructions on how to do it, telling you to get the code from your provider! Which if your online looking you probably already tried that and trying to go around your provider! Do your research and find a company that actually provides you with the code to unlock you phone, not just the instructions.

Na
  28th of Jun, 2009
Unlock Search - Dishonesy and Misrepresentation
Unlock Search
Gold Coast
Queensland
Australia

Company advertises and online instant unlock service. They take about US $10.00 but send back a form letter that provides no code for unlocking. They give reasons to unlock (already had one - hence contacting them) and suggest we contact the phone provider, a phone repair store, etc, but do not provide a code. There are, I have since learned, honest online services that do provide these services.

Ia
  28th of Jun, 2009

I'm in the Uk and also fell for this scam, BUT immediately emailed asking for a refund and also since I paid by PAYPAL initiated an immediate refund thru them too.

Within 2 hrs ( and this was late on a sat night ( after midnight uk time ) the refund was sent.

So if you've not requested a refund, do it ASAP

I have also asked PAYPAL to consider withdrawing the paypal facility to pay, as this alone is what encoutaged me to beleive that the site was legit and ok. As of yet I have had no reply, but maybe ask that if you used paypal you consider getting in touch with them to request similar action

Good Luck !

7th of Jul, 2009

This is a scam. The way the advertise make you believe you can actually unlock your cell phone and you are expecting to receive the unlock code and instructions and they send you a report full of crap. I am SO getting my money back. There is no way I let this scammers to this to me !!!

7th of Jul, 2009

OK. I sent them an e-mail telling them that if I did not receive a refund in 24 hours, I would call paypal or even my CC company and request a charge back. I also told them I would put bad reviews in every single site I could, if I did not get the refund from them. I just got an e-mail from them telling me they have processed a refund in full. I'll wait and see.

They way this scammers work - the target a high number of people that fell into the trap and there is a certain rate from those people that never, ever complaint or request their money to avoid work and because the amount it is not significant... this is how they get revenue... from people that prefer to let it go and avoid the hassle to get their money back. We should never fall into this game... do not allow them to make a living from deceiving and scamming others!!! GET YOUR MONEY BACK. Post bad reviews!!!

7th of Jul, 2009

I got confirmation from paypal on the refund. I guess these scammers have to be very diligent in processing the refunds otherwise they can lose their account with PayPal.

7th of Jul, 2009

I also got my money back.. Paypal should not make themselves availables to these scammers

23rd of Jul, 2009

I'm the same, got confirmation from paypal and sum stupid report on my choices of unlocking. Making a point of getting my money back straight away

23rd of Jul, 2009

Sent an e-mail stating the website was misleading, that I wasn't at all happy with the service provided, I requested a full refund and stated that if I did not receive one I would take the case up with Pay Pal. Within 10minutes it was refunded !

Mr
  24th of Jul, 2009

Just been mugged by unlock search, then read this website, am now sending email requesting immediate refund and also contacting paypal, bugger threatening to contact paypal, this site is a complete rip off and should be shut down by the watchdogs if they have any morals.

P.S. avoid it like the plague
Mally R. Leeds. Engalnd

Di
  26th of Jul, 2009

This website is a total scam. Unless they provide a real solution I would suggest to create a group and to legally sue them due to misleading information. They should include in bold and on the service page the fact that you will not be able to unlock your mobile by paying for this service (SCAM) directly

Di
  26th of Jul, 2009

I just managed to get a refund of the payment :D

26th of Jul, 2009

I am of the same opinion as "Diego Gullo" however it could be argued that by saying on the home page:

"Easy! Mobile unlocking made easy. Learn now how to unlock your phone!"

that if you read the small print it explains what you will receive in exchange for money.

But all in all, with all the complaints they are receiving from "us", they obviously have no intention of editing the webpage so as it highlights that they do not give you out the unlock-code. AKA they are clearly trying to catch you out!!

Al
  27th of Jul, 2009

I too used this site and was very disappointed with the 'report' that I got, costing me GBP4.59. I emailed them, telling them of my disappointment, received the standard automated reply immediately, followed by a FULL REFUND about 90 minutes later, to my Paypal account.
Whilst their advert/ web page sucks, I am mightily impressed by their customer service.

AlanT_uk

Mi
  28th of Jul, 2009
Unlock Search - miseleading
England, Surrey
United Kingdom

These people make it look like there going to unlock your phone but then just provide meaningless information. A complete con. Do not use them. What is surprising is that Paypal are apparently happy to let them continue trading using their service.