Unlimited Vacation Club / AM Resorts / false sales presentation
We were approached at Cozumel airport and enticed to attend a presentation. The next day while attending the presentation we told them we were not happy with our booked resort so they offered to put us up at their "Secrets" resort. It was wonderful!. During the sales presentation we were told that with our membership we could stay at any of their resorts and only pay about $30 per day per person for the "all inclusive" (the food) part of the stay. NEVER were we told that all we were getting for our $20, 000 membership was a 25% discount off the normal room rates. We were told "No charge except the "all inclusive" fee of about $30 per day per person. They threw in lots of free weeks, upgraded us to a "better" package, paying our dues for 2 years, and a bottle of Kahlua to entice us into buying this program. ..They wanted 50% down so with a cash transfer and opening 2 new credit cards they got it. The rest is paid with monthly payments. This was June 30, 2017. We tried booking our first vacation with them a few days ago, Sept 15 of 2018. This is when we found out that for all of the money we paid and are still paying, we only get a 25% discount off the normal rate. I can do better by booking a vacation myself through Travelocity or Expedia. We are in our 60's. We were taken advantage of and lied to!...When we talked to a supervisor to complain all he had to say was. "It is written in your contract". When we were sitting in their office and the contract sat in front of us, we had already been there so long and we were tired and hungry. They were putting papers in front of us and pointing where to sign. I am ashamed to say we did not read the contract, even after returning home. We are overwhelmed!. What can we do? We have already paid about $14, 000 with the rest in payments. We do not want and will Never use this service with only a 25% discount. We will have to spend $80, 000 on vacations with them to break even on what we have spent already. That's not going to happen!. I would like to just stop paying, but am afraid of ruining my credit...NEVER again will I sign something without fully reading it, even if we are being distracted and wooed !..This "Old Lady" has learned a very expensive lesson!
More Unlimited Vacation Club / AM Resorts Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Am Resorts / Unlimited Vacation Club - misleading and lies - I know because I worked there 
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club - cancellation of membership 
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club/AMResorts/GBS International Inc. - falsified promises 
- Unlimited Vacation Club - ability to cancel within the mexican statutory time 
- AM Resorts Unlimited Vacation Club - unethical sales practices 
- Unlimited Vacation Club/AMResorts - vacation club scam 
- Unlimited Vacation Club - sales presentation
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club - ultimate vacation club fraud and lies 
- Unlimited Vacation Club - scam and misrepresentation 
- [Resolved] Unlimited Vacation Club International - lies about everything!