Unknown Credit Agency / Harassing Phone Calls from [protected]

1 Powells Point, NC, United States

I keep receiving phone calls from the number [protected] leaving some robotic drivel on my answering machine about collections for someone else's credit. I have asked these ###s to STOP calling me and have pointed out numerous times that they have the wrong number. They promise to update their records, but never do, as the calls continue (sometimes as many as three times in one day). I have have changed my residential number THREE times now, I'm paying the extra fees to have my number UNLISTED and I have also registered my current number on the National Do-Not Call Registry. Yet...the calls continue unabated. What can I do to get this BS to STOP!? Does the FCC get involved in matters like this? If so, who do I contact to take legal action.

PS I have seen other postings where the number originates from GMAC. However, the agency that keeps calling me is NOT GMAC. I'm not certain of the company's real name, but "Ally Financial", "Allied Solutions" and "Allied Financial" has been used in the past. For the record, if it IS GMAC, I have not purchased a car through GMAC and do not own a car that is manufactured by General Motors.