University Properties, Tempe / Irresponsible Management

It has been almost 3 days and AC unit in my apartment is not working. We have lodged complaint and called so many times but the agents in the office have no idea of the issue. Manager is hard to catch. He is unavailable all the time. You cannot contact him by any means.

On top of this agents in the office are rude and also racist to some extent. Whenever went there to talk to them they always make fun of the tenants. It is so ridiculous. We asked them for Manager's phone number but they outrightly rejected saying that we were not allowed to contact him directly.

We want to register a complaint against the management and also want the rent for 3 days should deducted from our monthly rent. Please let us know where to register the complain and how to go about doing so.

Ma

Comments

• Ra
      28th of May, 2009

We have been similar issues. The AC has not been working for the whole month of April. There is not hot water for 5 days in a row now. Even though Univ place rent is more that the other university properties apartments, we still have to face these issues..

The management is not at all helpful. We never get any definitive answers for our questions and concerns. In terms of rent, we are expected to pay the whole amount, without any consideration for the troubles that we went through.

Most of us are students here, and I guess that could be the reason why they are not much worried about our complaints. If there is a way we could address our complaints is a legal way, please let us know

• Al
      1st of Sep, 2009

You should read over your lease agreement and make sure they are not violating any of the terms of the agreement by neglecting your problems. If they are you can get a lawyer and take it to small claims court on the basis of negligence and violating their contract/ agreement with their tenants. Not only do you as the tenant have a responsibilty to them to keep your apartment in order, but they also have a responsibility to you to fix and resolve problems concerning their properties which they are to upkeep.

• St
      8th of Dec, 2009

The most irresponsible and rude management. Stay away from this property, no matter how close to school it is.

• Ha
      10th of Jul, 2010

Don even think about it ...the worst place ever...its like 100f outside at 4 in the nyt and their ac is not working..and they are charging us a bomb

• Un
      28th of Jul, 2010

You have to love this from University Properties in Tempe Arizona. They are also on asuapartments.com I told them that the ceiling was leaking it took them a month to fix this. Yes thats a water pocket in the ceiling we have had several units here and almost everyone of them looked like this. Hey way to manage this place University Properties. Thanks Manny, Page and Nicole for all your hard work!!

• As
      13th of Jun, 2012

The new management is irresponsible and liar. I reported 5 times about my bed bug issue for 16 days and every time they say they wrote for inspection but tomorrow they will put the pest control, but it never happened. At the very first when I signed the lease they promised me to change the carpet or to put a wooden floor after one year but now they are saying that's not possible. In most of the room there is bed bugs and usually all students live here that's why the management doesn't care about the complains.

The swimming pool is just a trash bean. They don't take care of it. A lot of neighbors are drunk and bad people. Sometimes the residents need to call police for safety or reducing the high volume music speaker.

I would recommend others not to take this apartment and look for something a little bit far from campus. Those are really very good and management is responsible. Thanks everyone for reading this comment.

• As
      13th of Jun, 2012

The old management was a big liar. We applied for an apartment and got approved and one day before our moving in date we went to office and then they said sorry, actually another residents already moved in. See hoe stupid and irresponsible and liar they are! It happened with three other applicants also. Then we had to live in hotels for 15 days and we stored our stuffs in Tempe self storage. The guy who did it was Jack, a big cheater. Can you imagine how dangerous people they are. There was another girl named Jessica, she scolded me saying that you can take a studio now instead of a two bed room apartment, your application fee will not me refunded.

I would recommend all of the residents not to take or sign any lease with university properties. They are just liar and cheater. Sometimes they are racist as well. Be aware of this kind of people.