University Prep Center / Terrible experience

University Prep Center
The 'most innovative, informative, and interactive on-line SAT/ACT tutoring program in the industry today!' consisted of a few sample questions and a grand total of about 20Meg of program *and* data on 2 CDs.

The enclosed letter says the money back guarantee doesn't include the shipping, but I am going to dispute the entire amount since it's not even close to what was advertised.

The ACT test is not even given as an option in the computer program--only the SAT.

More University Prep Center Complaints & Reviews

Plus University Prep Center - Unsolicited calls [1]
Plus University Prep Center - no refund [2]

N  15th of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
If you would like a refund, or would like to use our products including LIVE-ONline classes, please contact our customer service department. Just confirm you are or have been an actual customer (we doubt that you ever were), and we will be happy to refund your purchase price, and provide you with 12 live on-line classes FREE. customerservice@universityprepcenter.com
N  15th of Jan, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
We will provide any "doubters" a 60 day money back guarantee, and 12 LIVE, On-Line classes, if they wish to make their own judgement. We guarantee a 300 point increase on the SAT, and a 5 point incrase on the ACT. We will back up our comments, and welcome your call.
N  5th of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I am having a problem with the customer service department. The yellow introductory card states that if you would like to discontinue the $54.95 / month service, you must contact the customer service number within the evaluation - which I have tried to do multiple times. The note also reads "this is a month to month service that you can opt out of at anytime." I am trying to opt out! I have left many messages, and none have been returned. I do not think anyone is in their offices.. they have only recordings so that people go past their evaluation periods and can be charged MORE MONEY!!! I will try one more time tomorrow morning - results had better be satisfactory!
SS - Wisconsin
A  18th of Jul, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
you have to contact your credit card company to get $54.95 credited back to your card. Since you called in to cancel the service, any charges for $54.95 after the initial call to cancel are not valid. Hopefully this helped:-)
N  29th of Nov, 2010 by
They do not stand up to their moneyback guarantee - BEWARE!!!
Very poor customer service.
A  18th of Mar, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
When we ordered the program the sales person never told us that there would be a recurring charge of $54.95. We didn't find out until we checked our bank statement on-line. We called the sales rep and he told us he was inclined to give us our money back since the 30 day evaluation had expired. We still have the software in the box unopened. Joe I hope you read this comment. You give sales people a bad name. I will notify all the school districts here in North Texas to let their parents know about your scam. Joe Jiner, Mansfield Tx
N  6th of Jun, 2011 by

University Prep Center - Refunds
University Prep Center
New Jersey

We ordered the CD to review the material at our leisure, and followed the return policy instructions as stated at time of call, and on invoice. The merchandise was returned to the vendor, and was signed for. I have the POD on file. After almost 2 months, I am still waiting on my refund, even though I followed all the guidelines, and allowed the adequate refund timeline to have my account credited. As of today nothing has been returned. How does a company like this remain in business? And how many mroe complaints need to be documented before someone steps in to stop these people from soliciting a product that wasnt of tehir own creation, but a marked-up re-sale of other's ideas?