University of Phoenix / lied:told no loan, then told, yes, there is a loan

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Hi
My daughter was ripped by UOP and we are trying to get more people that were ripped off in the same way.

Her story is that, she is a single mom and thought she was getting a pell grant, to not have to pay anything what so ever for schooling, Her enrollment counselor says in the notes at UOP, that he walked her thru the loan process and told her how much the pmts would be, etct...BUT he never did, he told her she was not getting a loan that it was just formality for in case she wanted a loan. She would have never signed up with UOP if she had known she was getting a loan.

I specifically asked my daughter, if she was sure she was not getting a loan and she said yes, it's all free, because she's not working and she's a single mom...well they screwed her and now they are saying that she owes $15, 000.00 in student loans and that "she signed" which she was TOLD to sign, that it was all formality.

If we can get enough people, we will file a class action law suit. So if there is anyone that was told, they would not have to pay anything on a continuous basis from UOP, and now has to pay those loans, please email us

our email for this issue we are using is: rippedoffbyuop@gmail.com
Hope to hear back from you
Sincerely
Sheila Robinson

Comments

• Ck
      27th of May, 2009

I have had similar experiences with UOP. I got vague/misleading information.

I was disappointed with my instructor. He didnt look at anything I had submitted. I found out later that I had submitted homework with the wrong format in the references.

I received an email with financial aid options the day I started at UOP. My financial aid had been processed and was in place by then.

I phoned my assigned financial aid POC several times to discuss this. I didnt get any return calls.

After I withdrew from UOP, I received more phone calls and emails then all the while I was attending the college because now I owed them money.

They are within the legal guidelines regarding financial aid. The fact that I felt mislead, misinformed and uninformed, is not a legal issue. Their complaint system is in-house so taking the time to file a compaint is a waste of time and energy.

After researching the college, I learned that the founder is a unique individual. This is a "for profit" college.

I would love to talk with you about this.

I look forward to an email from you.

Carol Kerfeld

• Ni
      10th of Jun, 2009

There are millions of single moms in this world, and yes most of them are going back to school to get an education. I did! I did it through University of Phoenix. I was completely informed of what was ahead of me, and nobody gets enough in Pell grants to pay for college. Common sense, yes! Research federal aid and grants before going back to school for practice. There is no fraud here, this is how the system works in any four year state university, only difference is that University of Phoenix offers a system that works for online working mothers. Although, it is not an easy college grade and credit. If it were easy everyone would have college credit. Read the paperwork!! Keep copies of it! You have a three part application in which you actually sign and acknowledge this information! There is no excuse for ignorance. People want to sue companies for their own negligence, really?!?

• Ar
      12th of Jun, 2009

@nikwy--well nikwy you can kiss my ###! I know what happened to my daughter and almost happened to me and yes we DID READ THE ###ING PAPER WORK. so don't sit there and talk about something you have not ###ing clue about. They DID LIE and obviously they are doing it to others, and I can attest to this, If they were not lying to people there would not be any ###ing complaints on here. It's not very arduous to figure that UOP are, cheating, liars, AND this is a COMPLAINT BOARD not a eulogy and worship board.

And not that it is any of your business, but we are NOT trying to sue them for money, we are trying to get them to stop doing what they are doing. I don't want a ###ING DIME! from this. I don't need money, I can bet that I make more in 6months than you do in a year.

• Ri
      18th of Jun, 2009

whatever you say thief. Don't choke trying to swallow your sausage. I know you are one of them sitting in your butt getting our money. If you call Axia Online "College" than you are so full of it because the name is not University of Phoenix. Maybe if you get some knowledge then you will not be a ### trying to explain hundreds of students why they have problems with Axia Online. You should get a job with them in ripping students off. Let it be heard, first amendment the right for freedom of speech. Don't try to silence us, Liars Liars you won't shut us that easily. Nikwy is one of them. ###

• Ar
      20th of Jun, 2009

@Rip Off- I know your not talking to me right? Ya know, you seem to use that "choke on sausage" practically on every post you go to. You don't know what the ### you are talking about, so shut the hell up and go choke on your own ###ing sausage!

Axia and UOP are basically one in the same, dumb ###! check it for your own dumb ### self http://www.phoenix.edu/colleges_divisions/axia.html or is that too arduous for you figure out.

And personally I don't give a ### about getting pell grants, free money to pay for mine or my daughter's college. That's what it's there for so, who gives a ###. I pay my taxes!

I go to College for FREE and I'm loving every bit of it. I get free college, because (not that's it's any of yours or anyone elses business, but I'm an Army Wife, so I get FREE, yes, FREE FREE FREE College. Woo Hoo! and you don't Ha Ha Ha! My college is paid 100% in full. (stooping to your level)

You are NOTHING, with your facetious remarks, what a joke.

You have nothing better to do than come on these kind of boards and talk your ###, probably because if you did it to anyone in person, they'd knock the living ### outta ya. Choke on that sausage you little ###.

26th of Mar, 2010

armywife65,

you just really showed your intelligence in your last post. only stupid people get that emotional instead of having an intelligent conversation and swearing every second. my education was free because i earned it and not married into it. your education is free because you are at a community college, so good luck with that associates degree. i already know that you will not get a job one day because you do not know how to communicate effectively. so keep up the good work and keep living off the government so our taxes go up!