University of Phoenix / bad experience

1 7111 fairway drivePalm Beach Gardens, FL, United States Review updated:

This school is charging money for a diploma, not for teaching; I want a refund and an entity that would make them do the job they ought to do instead of just taking the money from people with the promise of a piece of paper.

For people that don't care about learning this its the ultimate dream; but I want to learn, I want to know, I want good service and help, guidance, be able to remember and talk about it in a nice professional environment.

University of Phoenix have not idea of any of this and they took my money.

Even the Department of education is unable to do anything...

If anybody have this kind of experience with this university, please contact me, I need more people to take this to court.

Va

Comments

20th of Aug, 2008

I go there Now and I have had problems with there financial department since day one. They give excuse after excuse about your refund check and many other scams they have committed. I know they are scamming me so what do I do?

• La
      25th of Sep, 2008

I just faxed uop my taxes signed today. I havent taken any classes or received any money from them. I had my suspicions of an on line degree. I went with it because the enrollment counselor stayed on my back and quite honestly it seemed to be a way to earn a degree while still maintaining my busy schedule. This is the first of these types of comments i've heard about uop and im wondering is it too late for me to cancel the process.

• Mo
      26th of Sep, 2008

I just finished my Masters at UOP, and I think I learned more then I did attending a traditional university for my undergrad. The work at UOP was not easy either. I had to write many papers and work on many team projects. As for financial aid, I only had 1 problem at UOP, but I ran into many problems at the state university I attended for my undergrad.

6th of Oct, 2008

Lars why did you have to send them your signed taxes?

• Ca
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I haven't had any financial issues, but this college doesn't teach me anything, i teach myself they just provide the site name and degree. This is stupid. I'm starting to wonder if I will even get a job with this degree.

21st of May, 2010

I currently attend university of phoenix in an online undergrad program. I started attending their in march 2010. I have had issues with getting help from anyone other than the counselor. I had attended local a community college and completed an associates degree from their. I transferred to a local state university for a year before started at university of phoenix. I had the hardest time trying to get my transfer credits waived. Has anyone else had a problem with this? I also had a prof which did not give me all the points for my final grade causing me to be put on probation. I tried to contact the prof multiple times with no response. I also tried to get my adviser to help me only to be told by him that there's nothing he can do. I have never had so many problems trying to get help for anything in the past. With university of phoenix I seem to not be able to get anyone to help me or at least give me a valid explanation. If anyone can help me by giving me some kind of advise as to what I can do. I'm not sure if I have a valid legal lawsuit but I am willing to do whatever it takes to get help with this. Please feel free to contact me my email is Mary_587@yahoo.com

• In
      30th of Apr, 2014

I just finished my first year at UOP, and quit 2 weeks ago when I found out they were charging me almost 20, 000 a year for my associates on line, after they told me my whole degree would cost 20, 400. They did the same to my best friend, she found out during her first block of classes and told me. We both quit. Charging almost 40, 000 dollars for an associates degree I am earning from home is highway robbery. I even had a teacher who docked major points for a spelling mistake, but when she typed her discussion questions, she made mistakes too. I won't recommend this school to anyone, ever.

2nd of Oct, 2015

I'm a service connected disabled Army vet and i got my gi bill Through the army.When University of Phoenix Would Two assignments I would have a question and it would take 24 hours for them to reply Or even get it. By that time The assignment that was given would be late And I would get a bad grade because of it.