University of Phoenix / did not return to lender my student loan when I withdrew

United States Review updated:
3.9
I took 4 classes total. I withdrew from the school after the fourth class because the classes were bogus. I was not learning anything. I was writing papers without any real direction. Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't that it was impossibly hard. I was getting all A's but I was not learning anything. All that I was doing was writing papers and quoting other peoples research. When I withdrew I received a notice that they only returned half of my student loan for the year.

THE FOUR CLASSES COST ME OVER $7000.00

They will not return my calls and place me on hold then disconnect me every time I call to dispute the charges.

Do not go to this scam of a school. You will learn nothing and they will over charge you.

I am looking for a class action lawsuit against them for the money that they stole. Please contact me if there is one or if you know of any way to get them return the correct amount of money to the lender. I understand that school does cost but this isn't Stanford, $7, 000 for 4 classes is outrageous.

Comments

Dk
  18th of Jan, 2009
going thru the same crap with them on the financial bit...couldn't understand how I owed them money and fannie may..they never sent the money back to fannie may...and the other part was grants etc...this school will financially screw you over...single mom here too.
Da
  26th of Feb, 2009
I have run into a similar circumstance, I was signed up for a PhD to start in 12/07... the logistics of the online blackboard was a joke. I emailed the instrustor several time throughout the week and never received a response until Sunday evening - just said that the assignment was due by midnight or I couldn't continue. The email did not address any of my questions, so I couldn;'t conplete the assignment, and missed the start date for the PhD program and had to wait 9 months to a year for the next cycle. So I mailed back all checks without cashing them. 9 months later a $300 scar from Sallie Mae showed up on my credit report, I have been working with both U of P and Sallie Mae since October, to no avail. But I refuse to pay for something I never recieved, no class, no work, no response, why should I have to pay anything to them?

David
Di
  2nd of May, 2009
Does anyone know what we can do legally? I am also a student at the UOP and I need to know if there is anything we can do legally to stop this. I am currently being ripped off with financial aid. I am going to investigate more on Monday. But if anyone could lead me and other people to what we can do about this it would be wonderful!!

Thanks
Diane D.
Current UOP student
Dn
  16th of Jun, 2009
I'm going through the same thing :[ I took TWO classes, withdrew, STILL got booked for the next two, and now I owe $4, 000!!! FOR TWO CLASSES!!! If there is anything I can do, please let me know :/
Dn
  16th of Jun, 2009
to add - I chose this as my starting out school, and I'm 19, so now I'm completely screwed with trying to start over. It sucksssss
De
  30th of Jun, 2009
I too was a student at UOP. I transfered to the school when I discovered I was pregnant. After I had my baby and went to transfer back to my starting college the school told me that all the money from financial aid and student loans would be sent back and I would have to pay out-of-pocket the entire cost of all the classes I had taken. This is around $9, 000! I know that there is lawsuits against the college for doing this same exact thing! I've been trying to contact people to resolve this matter, so far no luck. Now they call me every day on the hour harrasing me to pay this full amount immediately or they will turn me into a collection agency. On top of that every day that I do not pay them I am charged at their interest rate! Please if anyone knows how to beat this fraud college contact me at kewow18@gmail.com.
Ma
  3rd of Oct, 2010
This school is a real scam I can agree with that one I am also going through a situation with these scam artist. They really do not help all they want is money. They threatened me with a letter stating that if i did not pay for the two classes I failed they would not give me my transcripts. i do not have a degree from this school and do not plan on getting one. The amount of money that they want is crazy. They are only threatening me for 2, 210.00 which is not alot but I am confused what am I paying for and whay are classes this much can someone explain this to me.

University of Phoenix [UOPX] Logo University of Phoenix [UOPX]