University Of Phoenix, Axiaecampus, University Of Phoenix Arizona, Apollo Group / fraud, fraud, on everything

1 3157 E. Elwood StreetPhoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1602-713-7403

I agree with all the ones who are complaining against university of phoenix, along with the other names they
Call themselves, phoenix who i'm referring to. When you first start with the financial aid, i notice later on they have their on website for you to apply for financial aid. When you try to look at your information later on, you can't access it, why, because it has locks beside it and you usually you would be able to access your personal information if it's highlighted, well i was lock out of my own personally documents. I bought a lot of things to the admission counselor attention. He ask me, why did i want to go back into it for, to change something and i told him no. I stated to him if it's my personal information i should be able to access it. He said you are right you should be able to access your own information, he said give me about two hours and we will get tech support on the phone to see how to get back into your information. I could go on and on, this is so hurtful very sad. I cried so many nights because of this, the ones who wants to go back to school to better ourselves and we have to go through this. I was excited when i started. I never seen an admission counselor, that was the academic, financial advisor professor all into one. I thought that the addmission counselor were to enrolled you and getting you comfortable with the school and navigation and so - forth. He was doing everybody job, that's good that he is multi - talented but i felt that i should have contacted him when i needed him. I could write a book about all the experiences i've had with this scam hole. I know that it's a lot of lawyers and higher authorities who are reading these complaints, i hope that someone can do something about it instead of just letting it sit here. We need help and guidance about what to do. I'm way behind on bills, almost got evicted, they don't care it's heartless and cruel.

Comments

• Ar
      23rd of May, 2009

Report them to your local Better Business Bureau. Email the school's P.R./Communications office -- the address is
    media@phoenix.edu.

5th of Jul, 2009

I am sorry you have had a bad experience with them. I myself have three weeks left before I complete my Associates program through them. From the start they have done nothing but continue to be helpful with everything and I do really have to disagree that they do not care. My enrollment counselor was awesome as well as my academic and financial counselors. I cannot say enough positive things about the University of Phoenix online program. It is a lot of hard work but if you are serious about continuing your education it is worth it. I as a matter of fact I will be continuing on to get a Bachelors degree. It is a little expensive but I do think it is worth it. The things you have stated do not sound anything like them at all.

• Ar
      5th of Jul, 2009

@sanvigi1979--you got lucky to of had an enrollment counselor that DIDN'T lie to you. You are lucky you DIDN'T have problems, like most of the people are complaining about.

I'm not going to get into our situation, as I am drained from telling the story over and over. But I will say, UOP/Axia online...they are liars and they need to be shut down!

I really hope our class action lawsuit goes into affect soon and if not, then I guess, it will be a lesson learned. But IF we do get it in court and win, you better bet, I'm going to shout it from the roofs tops.

• Ms
      11th of Jul, 2009

I guess I too am one of the lucky ones. I am finishing my last class with uop (axia) before my bachelors program begin and I am very happy to say that I have not experienced any problems along the way. my enrollment counselor was very helpful, my academic and financial counselors call me every few weeks to see how i'm doing and if I have any questions to ask. maybe their pulling the wool over my eyes, but I do feel that i'm making a great choice with continuing my education with uop!

17th of Sep, 2009

I thinkin' "oh no!!" cause im in the same boat. I wasn't even ennrolled in axia when I got a nasty email that I didn't finish the 3 workshops that I supposedly didn't have to take in the first place - only find out it goes in my file. about a month now i've spoken to my enrollment counselor - but never once to my financial aid dude. sallie mae' website was screwed up, so I applied for wells fargo and was accepted. now im registered and enrolled fulltime - but haven't started yet-this has been going on for a month. then, sallie mae email s me and says (they accepted) my loan. well I called the enrollment dude and he says "just forget it". well, a week later I get a notice from sallie mae and wells fargo that I now have 2 loans cause (we/i) didn;'t withdraw from one.
    Because of other complaints i've read about uopa, I haven't given the go ahead for my major. aiu and kaplan both told me I should be with them. plus, alot of the papers I electronically signed are not right, in fact I never saw them before - and I can't get into my financial mpn aswell as other pertinent docu ments - cause they are locked!! when I keep asking about the locks - and about the financial aide dude - I get the 'run around'. both aiu and kaplan said something is not right. I still do not know what my tuition is - even wheni picked the first major and withdrew. I think one dude multitasks all the way to the bank and thats the bottem line. im sorry I ever got involved with them - and for 4 years at that. - trying to bow out.-michael

25th of Oct, 2009

did you get your disbursement

25th of Oct, 2009

did anyone get their disbursement...

• Ri
      29th of Dec, 2009

UoP are liars and need to be shut down!~!~! They are in so many violations of so many laws but nobody is doing anything about it?!!?

• Sh
      12th of May, 2010

I would have to agree with all of the post because there is definitely something shady about the online program at the University of Phoenix. I have been a student for almost two years. I am currently in my last block of classes to receive my AA in Psychology. Unfortunately, I will not be continuing on to finish my Bachelors’ with them.

For anyone interested in enrolling, I will say that they have their pros and cons. The University of Phoenix is more interested in making money off their students, and not what is in the best interest of the students. So, if you are looking for a school that actually takes interest in the students and their learning experience; then you might want to find another school.