University Medical Center Tucson / Excess order of X-ray

1 1501 N Campbell AveTucson, AZ, United States Review updated:

I first had a X-Ray done at a local Hospital while on an ER visit.

3 days later I went in for Ortho check up at John Ruth's office which is part of University Medical Center's clinic.

Ruth told me to get an x-ray at his clinic which he could easily obtain from my previous ER visit, but he didn't. 3 weeks later on a follow up, Ruth told me to take another x-ray at his clinic and then told me to go back in 2 weeks for another follow-up. I refused to go back because at this point I realized his intention in on the money and not for my health.

I later told this story to my doctor and he was shaking his head knowing how many x-rays I was forced to take for a hand that was not even broken and was at most a fracture (he saw my x-rays).

I was of course charged with unnecessary medical bills that result in my debts. On top of the UMC bills I also paid the regular office visits and my arm cast. I knew about the office visit charge and cast bill in the first place and I AGREED to pay for them.

What I am fighting is that I did not know about extra charges on x-rays and that they turned out to be medically unnecessary. I wasn't a doctor but I am not blind, I saw my x-ray and ask where in the world was this "fracture" and I couldnt get a specific answer.

Wo

Comments

• Pe
      7th of Aug, 2013

Complaint about de RN in the morning shift in the intensive care or ICU about their racist comment today. My mom might not understand English but I do. Please check with them. One of the best hospital. Keep their comments outside were nobody can't listen. This happen infront of the room 2112 . Two guys and a girl 08/07/13 around 5 and 6.

7th of Aug, 2015

i was at the emergency room on 8/5/15 from 9 a.m. to around 4:30 p.m. i had a good dr. figueroa i believe. but my nurse ann was horrible. she ran over my phone with the bed. never gave me any information about anything. i know the reason i was there was a yucky one. i get it. but i didn't apply to umc to take care of these problems either. my gown was to small, whichcased a ploblem once my underware were soiled. which was foreseeable. no diaper was given until asked. rn ann has been through this before i have not. i had to ask about a bed side toilet which came with out a bowl. a matt was placed under it. and i was told not to use it unless there was no other choice. rn ann who worked emergency room 28 on 8/5/15 need to be evaluated by those that work hard to keep customer satisfaction up. because she is single handedly messing it up. umc goes from my number 1 to number 3. one rude person Rn ANN from emergency room 28 on 8/5/15.