Universal Trust And Finance Inc. / Fraudulant contest

101 King StreetMorriston, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
4.95
Phone: 1-905-781-2156
Letter states that I won a Super Seven Contest for $250, 000.00 and must pay taxes of $2985.00 via moneygram at WalMart. With their letter was a phony check for $4880.00.

The letter says to call my claim agent George Benson for tax information at [protected].

More Universal Trust And Finance Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Au
  23rd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I received a letter from Universal Trust And Finance Inc. Saying That won in the Super Seven contest.. $250, 000.00... with a phony check for $4885.00... Saying they want me to Western Union them $350.. Looks like a real check, but it is fake... Becareful!! don't fall for it.. once you call them, they wont stop calling you.. Telling you they will except anything you will give them.. Fraud!! We need to bring them down..
Ti
  1st of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
Yes, I received the same letter. I deposited the check and waited for it clear their bank, however it ended up being a bad check. I called "Tom Clark" back and he said that a cashiers check would be mailed out to me in 4 weeks. Of course as I began to ask more questions, he all of a sudden had to go. FRAUD!!! Can we do anything about this? The check was from a Wells Fargo bank account. It looked like a real check with water marks and everything.
Om
  4th of May, 2009
My name is Omar Alfaro.

I received the same letter. I thanks to all of you that let your comments in this page. I did not do anything but loock for the existence of GENTEX CORPORATION in Carbondale, Pensylvania and PNC Bank, National Association in Allentown, PA. Both of them do not exist. Then, I loocked for Universal Trust and Finance, and found this place with your comments.

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.
Rh
  8th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
I also received this letter and was very curious. I had a feeling this was a scam and I am so glad I found this site before I called them Thanks for your insite on this decetiful letter!!
Br
  11th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My mother received the same letter. She is older and is on disability. She is naive! So she called me and I told her I had heard about something of the sort on tv about it being a scam. She even called the company to ask them if it was legit. Of course they told her oh yea! Well I am glad that I found this site! How does these people sleep at night. Screwing over the elderly!!!
Le
  13th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
BUYER BEWARE!!! New Scam within universal trust. i received a letter saying that they were a mortgage and trust company offering me 4, 300$ for a $41, 000 loan, it was for Home Improvement Loans that I never applied for
Wi
  20th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
i too received the 4885.00 for 2985.00 letter a few days ago. knew it was a fraud because the tax on 250, 000.00 dollars would be a minimum of 28% or 70, 000.00. thankful though for people getting the word out.
willie k
Mr
  23rd of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
i recieve this same letter my claim agent was name tom mark my husband said it was a scam this needs to stop so please be careful!!!
Ka
  28th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same as the above except differnt street address!!

Universal Trust and Finance Inc.
International Claim Department
1047 King Street Morriston
Ont N0B 2C3
Office Hours: M-F:8AM-9PM, Sat:8AM-7PM

Check was in the amount of $4885.00

Door and Harware Supply, Inc.
205 Herbert ST. P.O. Box 191
Perth Amboy, NJ 08862

Claim Agent: TOM MARK

From: Morris Lexington
President
La
  3rd of Jun, 2009
WELL WHY IS THIS ALLOWED TO CONTINUE? WHY CANT THEY BE STOPPED FROM DOING THIS? WE COMPLAIN BUT THEY ARE STILL AROUND DOIG THIS TO UNAWARE PEOPLE! SOOOOO WHY CANT SOMTHING BE DONE ABOUT THIS ISSUE?????
Fr
  17th of Jun, 2009
I also received a check for $4885.00 saying that I won on Super 7 Contest knowing that I din"t enter any contest or LOTTERY, that was a FAKE check but out of curiosity I went a little further to check and the only thing that came back was this site saying that everyone had receved the same check I will keep it and frame it just to show people that I won something but I decieded not to cash just keeping it for a sovinier
Na
  18th of Jun, 2009
I had the sinking feeling it was just a new twist on an old scam, thought about it a bit. I didnt want to risk a long distance phone call over this, then did a search on the net for super seven contest, universal trust and finance inc. I found this page. Thanks everyone.
Bi
  13th of Jul, 2009
I don't appreciate these people playing with my emotions they know people need money right now. I will be getting in touch with the police on this matter. This is ###. They r gonna get there's in the long run.
Wi
  24th of Jul, 2009
WARNING!!! I DID RECEIVE THE SAME LETTER FOR THE AMOUNT OF 250, 000.00 SAYING THAT I DID WON THE SAME SUPER SEVEN CONTEST AND A CHECK FOR 4885.00 SAYING THAT I HAVE TO PAY TO THE GOVERNMENT TAXES 2985.00 THIS IS A FRAUD DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THIS LETTER SAYS EVERYTHING IS FAKE. WILLIAM .
Lo
  28th of Oct, 2009
WELL I RECIEVED THE SAME THING IN THE MAIL I DID LOOK UP ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE LETTER, ONLY THING WITH ME IS THAT I WENT TO THE BANK WITHOUT CALLING THE COMPANY AND GUESS WHAT I GOT ALL THE MONEY THE CHECK WAS LEGIT AND RECIEVED THE WHOLE LUMP SUM AMOUNT OF 4, 885.00 THE SAME DAY. NOW MY QUISTION IS HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE WHAT I DID AND SENT IN THE TAX AMOUNT IM TOO SCARED BECAUS IF I SEND THE AMOUNT I MAY NEVER GET WHAT WAS PROMISSED AND THEN IM STUCK WITH NOTHING IM THINKING JUST KEEP THE AMOUNT I RECIEVED AND NOT SEND THE TAX PART, AND NOT BE GREEDY LOOKING FOR THE REST THAT WAS PROMISED TO ME. ANY ONE HAS ANY INPUT FOR ME? WHAT SHOULD I DO
Ka
  9th of Nov, 2009
I received a check today in the mail from Universal Trust and Finance Inc claiming that I had won in the Super Seven Contest from March 3 2009. Check was drawn from JPMORGAN CHASE BANK NA Chicago IL. The check has the watermarks as well. Seems legit but I am sure that it is not! My Claim Agent was Tom Howard and the address was:

International Claim Department
2065 King Street Morriston
ONT N0B 2C3

To bad that these scam artists can't put their talent to better use to help the economy in a good way! They should be ashamed of themselves!
Po
  28th of Nov, 2009
I received the same letter---the super 7 contest- 4885.00 prize. Check #15531/divers Supply. I wonder if any body fall in their trap.
Thanks
Je
  2nd of Dec, 2009
I too also received the same letter less than 24 hours ago only check was drawn on Bank of America Divers Supply, I even deposited this in my bank acct after being assured by my claim agent Tom Howard that this was legit, I couldn't sleep the whole night thru and up and down all night. At 3:52am called 800 number at Wachovia asked representative what to do about check already deposited told to notify Lost management between hours of 8:00am and 8:00pm.

It should be a way these type of people should not be able to do these things to people it's just not right.
Kn
  2nd of Dec, 2009
I also received this scam and unfortunely I did not look into it before I deposited the check into my bank account. Now my account is closed and I have been placed in the check fraud system. I have been calling by supposed agent TOM HOWARD at: 647-219-1144 all morning trying to get him to fax me a letter saying that they sent me the wrong check to submit to my bank so my name can be cleared. I have been getting the run around from Mr. Tom Howard...I wish I would have found this site before I deposited the check...But the funny thing is per Tom they are going to send me a cashiers check in the next three weeks when it didn't even take that long to received the bogus check...
Ni
  3rd of Dec, 2009
has anyone reported this? i got the same letter today, called the number and was told by Tom Howard that it was okay to deposit the check. the bank teller said that as far as she could tell it was a real check. i called him back for "tax information" as per his letter. i knew that it wouldn't be enough to cover the full taxes on the $250, 000, but I maybe i would pay the rest of the taxes later. I was skeptical, but excited about the thought of winning that kind of money. it would take all the pressure off of worrying about how i'm going to pay for school. i would like to help catch these people. does anyone have any ideas? or are we all just complaining and doing nothing about it.