Universal Timeshare Sales Association / Shady practices

This company will contact timeshare owners and lead you to believe they have buyers lined up to purchase your property. After you finally agree to let them sell the unit, they will tell you that a payment must be made for escrow because they officially cannot charge commission. They will give you links to BBB and while not outstanding, is not horrid either to make you feel secure in what is happening while pressuring you over the phone for payment. After doing more research I found they have multiple BBB listings. One is the B- listing and the other company is under Universal Timeshare Sales and is an F- rating. However you only get that business if you backtrack the service phone number rather than the sales number they originally give.

I highly suggest anyone getting a call from this company not to give any money to them or even do business. Even if they manage to sell my timeshare I would still not change my opinion due to the pressure tactics they use and misrepresenting what the money is for which is very shady. What you are really paying for is the listing of the property which you don't find out until after payment is made.

Gd

Comments

12th of Dec, 2010

Yes they are scam artists! If you would like to join me in going after them - and if you are due any money back please email me at "[protected]@gmail.com."

Fighting the good fight!

K

• Cr
      19th of Jan, 2011

Let's stop this company report them to the BBB, Federal Trade commission, FBI, RCI, Interval International, The Attorney General of your state and in Oregon. Their business address is 14525 Millikan Way, Braverton Oregon, this is NOT a business it is a drop box mail service. Enough complaints should bring down an investigation and put them out of business and maybe a big fine or some jail time as well.

• Ki
      29th of Mar, 2011

I'm on the phone with one of Universal Timeshare's representatives right now. Boy, they sure make it sound so good! I'm glad I came across this site. Thanks for the information. Hanging up the phone now!

• Er
      9th of Apr, 2011

The practice of calling under the pretense of working with other companies to sell an individual's property, and of not allowing a period of time for that individual to cancel a VERBAL agreement is most assuredly NOT in keeping with the ethical / legal practices of valid timeshare companies.

I want my money back, and this type of fraud stopped!!!

• Gd
      9th of Apr, 2011

If you find yourself in the position I was in (having payed over the phone via cc) and they send a written agreement that was different than what you agreed to over the phone, this is what I did. I filed a complaint with the FTC documenting each conversation I had and with whom from UTSA. I then contested the charge on my credit card on the grounds I didn't receive what I was paying for. The CC company withdrew the payment and I am done with all timeshare companies.

Things to note:
    If you have signed anything it may be too late

UTSA will keep calling and try to pressure you into signing the form via mail they send and will keep saying they have a buyer lined up and coming in. (your call on whether or not to believe them)

Good luck everyone and I know how difficult this can be.

• Up
      16th of Mar, 2012

These people are scam artisits and take advantage of anyone they can. They have no morals and need prayers to be stopped!

19th of Oct, 2012

Universal Time Share is a SCAM. Yes I was desperate to get rid of my time share, when I was contacted by Universal I was ready to accept help from anyone, I paid the upfront $1, 800 and after a number of weeks of going back and forth they told me they had sold my time share and that they would be closing within the week, that the paper work was being completed as we spoke, and that all they need for them to close the deal and send me my check was for me to go to Western Union and send them a $1, 500 “pre-paid” closing cost payment. Yes Western Union, no US Mail or credit cards involved in this deal. This deal sounds very much like the “Western Union Scam” and you have no recourse when the check doesn’t arrive. No need to make matters worse, stay away from Universal and these deals.

• Je
      26th of Oct, 2012

Anyone willing to take them on let me know, I documented every conversation [recorded as well] I had with them. I doubt the names I was given are correct, but someone made the mistake of sending a document to my credit card company when I challenged the transaction that purportedly has a SSN identification number.

• Si
      6th of Mar, 2013

The people who own this have run many of the exact same scams:

Sheldon and Shelia Cohen
    William Hermann (lawyer, registered agent)
    Harry Thomas Lewis

Sunbiz entry:

Parent company:

• Vs
      21st of Feb, 2014

I just got off the phone with a representative from UTSA who informed me I needed to speak to William Leahr (SP?) in the closing department of E Timeshare Closing Services to verify information on receiving my paperwork and check for the sale of my timeshare in Las Vegas. I said NO MORE money to get a check released and explained I was reporting this SCAM to the BBB and FTC. I have already reported them to the FTC and our wonderful government office has done nothing to try to stop these people. Please don't be stupid or taken in as I was on this SCAM. No matter how desperate you are to get rid of your timeshare.

28th of Nov, 2014

They hamcve some agent by the name of john rapaport, manuel rastringer, joseph clark and mr rodriguez caling almost everyday and the receiver on western union is anderson quezada and ramina cardona. Please be careful with those scamers