Universal Survey Center / Unsolicited NUMEROUS phone calls

1 CA, United States Review updated:

They keep calling me even though I'm on the do not call list and have asked them at least a dozen times, probably more, to take my number off their call list. I'm a very ill senior citizen with major heart/health problems and just had open heart surgery and these people are making it worse. Maybe I can find a pro-bono lawyer to sue them for harassment and helping to ruin my health? Wish I lived in New York so I could pay them a visit personally. I'm a vet and don't need this crap.

An
May 1, 2013

More Universal Survey Center Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Th
      24th of May, 2013

I would rather you teach them an expensive lesson. They violated federal law by calling you after you told her not to. If you can prove that in a small claims court the miscreant will pay you $1000. You want to make it an expensive lesson engage an attorney that's another $3000+/- they have to pay.

That's a violation of FDCPA and your rights and you are due about $1000 from them if you can prove that. Be ready for the next call they will almost always violate and you need to capture the evidence as it could be a $$$ windfall for you. Have ready a recorder, camera, pen & paper. When they call again be calm and record the call, photo your call ID then detail who called, when, what said, everything! That's what judges want to see.

Then tell them verbally to cease and desist calling you per federal law TCPA, etc. If they violate that you are due about $1000 if you prove it.

Consumer attorneys will take a case on a contingency basis especially if you have collected slam dunk evidence. It's an $3k that's dropping on their desk that's covered by the misbehaving collector/defendant. For a Dave Ramsey endorsed attorney go to collectionbully.com (or just search at NACA.org).

You can also sue pro se it's a simple process and you can get all the help at debtorboards.com