Universal Subscription Agency / Fraudulent Business

A young guy came to our door one night, selling magazine subscriptions. At first, I was very skeptical, but after he talked to me awhile- he seemed nice enough, and I believed the company was legit. He even showed us a picture of his "daughter", and talked about how he was trying to better himself. Well, being the nice people we are...we fell for it. We bought 2 magazine subscriptions, totaling $60. He gave us a receipt and a number to call if we needed, and our check was cashed the next week. Too bad we didn't realize it was a scam until now...we didn't know to cancel the check. We bought the magazines November 11th, in Austin, TX. It just amazes me how immoral and low some people are...oh well, they will get theirs one day.

Gc

Comments

Bl
  14th of Oct, 2008
Hot Sulphur Springs
Colorado

Bought a magazine subscription from a young man for his schooling. Never received the magazine after 6 months (Outside). Looks like I was taken for $53. No one answers the phone at the Universal Subscription Agency who sponsored the sale.

Mi
  19th of Dec, 2008
Universal Subscription Agency - Fraud and cheating
Universal Subscription Agency

We ordered magazines for our grandchildren from 2 college age girls representing this company. It has been over 2 months and have not received any magazines nor can you get anything but a recording when you call. I have not been able to track them down on the internet other than to find other people with the same problem. They took $70 of my money. All I can say is there will be no more charity to door to door sales people at our house. too bad a few have to be dishonest!

Kr
  16th of Jan, 2009
14811 s kenneth
Midlothian
Illinois
khourigan@sbcglobal.net

Back in July 08' I had a young girl come to my door and offer a magazine subscription for $54.00 for 1 year. My checked cleared August 1, 2008, yet I still have never seen 1 magazine. I too, called the number on my receipt, no answer. I want my money back what is fair is fair. Now I just want to know how to do that. Help! Please!

Ar
  26th of Jan, 2009
Ft. Lewis
Washington

April of 2008 we orderd a subscription for a skate boarding magazine through this company. We wrote a check for $60.00 and NEVER recieved our magazines. Beware and DO NOT order anything from them. I tried calling the number on our reciept and the number has been disconnected!