Universal Gift Ventures / TheDVDPlanet.org / Fake company!

250 The East Mall - Suite #1242Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
4.7

We ordered dvds from this company payed our money and then no product was shipped. No contact with the company was possible they do not return emails. They have no phone numbers available. They took us for a lot of money that we did not have. We have two children and we are a one income family. We will struggle to recover from this. Hope someone can advise us, how to get our money back!
Va

Comments

Su
  27th of Nov, 2007
I ordered a DVD from The DVD Planet and received pointless e-mails stating I would receive a tracking number and when my order would arrive. I never got a tracking number .When I wrote them they said they had made a error and would be shipping manually and could not give me a tracking number. They also offered me a 35% off coupon for future orders. I wrote again and ask for a 1-800 number to talk about this. I keep receiving the same e-mail regardless of my question. I do not believe I will get my package nor will I get a real response. I have learned my lesson.
  29th of Nov, 2007
This company definitely appears to be fraudulent. They took my order, charged my credit card, and never delivered. When I e-mailed "support" to inquire as to the status of my order, I received a lengthy (but non-sensical) response just 24 seconds after my e-mail was sent. Obviously this is an automated response meant to confuse the customer and delay further action. I will be contacting my bank to reverse the charge immediately. If you're checking up on "Universal Gift Ventures" or "The DVD Planet" prior to placing an order, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.
  30th of Nov, 2007
I believe this company also operates under the websites
www.dvdavenue.tv and www.ultimatedvdshop.com.

I ordered DVDs from the latter and experienced pretty much the same thing.

I managed to contact them and asked for a shipping tracking number, they gave me a Canadian tracking number that the Canadian postal service had no record of.

When I told them that, they offered to 'resend' the DVDs. I asked them to send me the new tracking number and have not heard from them since.
  3rd of Dec, 2007
Ordered but did not receive $70.00 Carol Burnett Show Collection.
No response to my e-mails.
Ma
  4th of Dec, 2007
This company has to be fake, and boy am I a sucker for a good deal! I ordered from them first with a credit card, they sent me an email saying that my card was declined, so I payed with my debit card. Now, two days later, my credit card is showing the charges as well as my debit card. I have tried emailing them, no response. No phone number. Luckily I used cards both times, and will be getting reimbursed eventually from my bank and credit card. Please do not do business with these people!!!!!
Mo
  6th of Dec, 2007
Purchased DVD collection. I did receive it, however, it was completely inadequate and not what was promised. Have sent several emails to get a refund and have received no response. I was taken!
So
  6th of Dec, 2007
Purchased what was suppose to be Collectors Edition Series but was really taped from TV, collection had duplicate shows in different seasons or DVD did not play completely.

Sent emails for refund - They did NOT respond.
  7th of Dec, 2007
I was caught in their scam! I have cancelled my credit card and am taking legal action.

It's our only recourse, as I'm sure these slimy weasels operate out of a cave under cover of darkness.

They do say on the website that you get what you pay for. I guess we should pay full price to the corporate masters from now on!

Alex.
Th
  11th of Dec, 2007
I ordered DVDs from this online company that seemed legit but I still have not received the DVDs.
  11th of Dec, 2007
It would seen that I have been scammed as well, it has been 5 weeks and no dvd's and no contact #'s for this company, when I have emailed them they only responde with item was shipped to wrong address...
Me
  11th of Dec, 2007
I am currently looking into all, every and any news cast that is willing to expose this company in a broad manner to make people aware of kind of company this is. I think it is horrible that all of the consumers of this organization have been duped. I too ordered a dvd collection last month and I received two different explanations of why I did not receive my order. Both excuses made no sense what so ever. They offered me a discount for my trouble and assured me that my order was on its way. Furthermore, they cannot issue me a tracking number due to trouble with their shipping department. I hope people can find out about them so that they can save themselves the heartache so many of us have had to endure.
  12th of Dec, 2007
I too am ripped off... Offered me lame duck excuse like, "we shipped it to the wrong address, our shipping department is doing it all manually, sorry for no tracking number, etc, etc....' What a rip off company. fortunately, I reported this to Visa and they personally refunded me my $70.00
Lo
  12th of Dec, 2007
I received the exact same e-mail as the previous post. "Wrong address", "tracking system down", "shipped manually", etc. I am so upset. I was starting to get worried now I am very worried that I'll never see my money again!! What can we do?
Ck
  12th of Dec, 2007
I also ordered DVDs from Universal (aka DVDplanet.org) on November 3rd and have gotten some bogus run around about a shipping problem. They said they reshipped my videos on 11/30. I still haven't received them and they won't respond to my emails now. I guess I should have known better!
Pa
  12th of Dec, 2007
I also orderd from the dvd planet.org and have the same run around about shipping problems since 11/13/07. I e mailed DVD planet and they said yhey are not affiliated with this company whih they say is Universal Gift ventures I', out $88.00. What crooks!
Mo
  12th of Dec, 2007
I also ordered a DVD set and paid 80 bucks and received the message they shipped to the wrong address and that they would reship and i have yet to receive. I've sent several messages and received no response.
Ka
  13th of Dec, 2007
Add one more to the list, I too was ripped off by DVDPlanet. Ordered dvd set in the middle of Nov. I have written twice and got lame excuses on why my shipment has not arrived. First I was told it was mailed to the wrong address, second time I was told something was wrong with their database and everything had to be shipped manually, I was offered a 35% coupon off my next purchase... like I would really be stupid enough to order from them again. I'm calling my credit card today to see what I can do about the charge and recieving no goods.
Ho
  13th of Dec, 2007
I also ordered $80 worth of DVD's from UNIVERSAL GIFT VENTURES/dvdcollections.com, for my dad for Christmas. I got emails saying they shipped to the wrong address and they were having tracking disputes with the post office. I contacted my credit card company and they pulled UNIVERSAL GIFT VENTURES up from this list!! What slime!!!
Me
  13th of Dec, 2007
I placed an order with them on 11/17 and have gotten nothing but the run around from them since. I was given the excuse that it was shipped to the incorrect address followed by another email from a different person several hours later saying that the didnt ship it out because there was a problem with their shipping department and they were correctin the problem by sending the orders out manually. Furthermore, by shipping it manyally it was impossible to give me a tracking number. So, did they or did they not ship my order? I still have not recieved my order as of today 12/14 so I cancelled the order through my credit card and visa is going to dispute it with them themselves. That is the best way to make people realize what vermin these people are. In closing, my response email from the manager Mr Brian Lawson regarding my query as to where my order was plainly this "What is your problem?" Isn't that nice of him?!
Li
  13th of Dec, 2007
I too ordered DVD's $149.00 worth. Thank God my credit card company took it off my bill. I emailed DVD Planet and told them I knew their company was a fraud. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!