Universal Gas/Gas company / Dishonest about service

1 721 Kenmoor S.EGrand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 616-575-9215

A representative came to my house and told me I would save on my gas bill. I recently recieved my bill from DTE energy and before, I was paying about 40.00 a monthly in gas and now I am paying 85-90.00 each month. DTE gas is at 1.005 and Universals is at 1.049, which is extremely high. I called Universal to cancel their protection program and the representative stated I would have to pay 250.00 to cancel their services. I read my documents and their is no information on the document stating I would have to pay 250.00 to cancel their program. I am very upset and fell I have been scammed by Universal Gas. The representative would not let me speak to a supervisor and hung up the phone. I felt that was very unprofessional and rude. I want this company to credit my bill for the past 2 months and discontinue my service with them. I can not afford to come out the pocket and extra 50.00 a month. I would like this company investigated.

Comments

Ni
  16th of Apr, 2008

Same here...our bill was $90 more a month and they will not let us out of our contract.

I wrote the the BBB and Attorney Generals office and getting ready to submit to Gramholm also.

Da
  28th of May, 2009

This seems to be this company's normal form of operation, going through this myself and have another family member doing the same.

Nb
  8th of Sep, 2009

I had no idea that this company were scamming consumers until my mother informed me that my bill was exceeding its normal charges. i have a two bedroom apartment that i lease and my mother lives in while im out of town. My bill was normally anywhere between $50.00- $70.00 per month. After being enlisted with Universal without my permission I started receiving bills for more than $100.00 per month. This company is truly scamming people. Is there a class action law suit against this company yet? Someone should stop this immediately...
N.Braswell (Michigan)