Universal Gas/Gas company / Dishonest about service

1 721 Kenmoor S.EGrand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 616-575-9215

A representative came to my house and told me I would save on my gas bill. I recently recieved my bill from DTE energy and before, I was paying about 40.00 a monthly in gas and now I am paying 85-90.00 each month. DTE gas is at 1.005 and Universals is at 1.049, which is extremely high. I called Universal to cancel their protection program and the representative stated I would have to pay 250.00 to cancel their services. I read my documents and their is no information on the document stating I would have to pay 250.00 to cancel their program. I am very upset and fell I have been scammed by Universal Gas. The representative would not let me speak to a supervisor and hung up the phone. I felt that was very unprofessional and rude. I want this company to credit my bill for the past 2 months and discontinue my service with them. I can not afford to come out the pocket and extra 50.00 a month. I would like this company investigated.

Comments

• Ni
      16th of Apr, 2008

Same here...our bill was $90 more a month and they will not let us out of our contract.

I wrote the the BBB and Attorney Generals office and getting ready to submit to Gramholm also.

• Da
      28th of May, 2009

This seems to be this company's normal form of operation, going through this myself and have another family member doing the same.

• Nb
      8th of Sep, 2009

I had no idea that this company were scamming consumers until my mother informed me that my bill was exceeding its normal charges. i have a two bedroom apartment that i lease and my mother lives in while im out of town. My bill was normally anywhere between $50.00- $70.00 per month. After being enlisted with Universal without my permission I started receiving bills for more than $100.00 per month. This company is truly scamming people. Is there a class action law suit against this company yet? Someone should stop this immediately...
    N.Braswell (Michigan)