Universal Gas & Electric Corp. / Scam

1 1133 Stonebrook Ct.Grand Rapids, MI, United States Review updated:

A representative from Universal Gas & Electric arrived at my door assuring me that he could save me money on my gas bill. Unfortunately I signed the five year contract, and my gas bill has doubled. Aside from the lies and deceit, the company practices extremely impractical business procedures. After signing the contract back in November of 2007 another representative came to my door (after not seeing any changes in my gas supplier) in February of 2008 telling me that my first contract information had been mis-placed and therefore was invalid. Due to this mishap I was to sign another contract, luckily a week later I learned of the scam that was taking place and canceled my account; only to find out that my first account which had been created back in November of '07 was actually active, and it was too late for me to back out of that contract. I now have a canceled account and an active account with the same company. I am currently spreading the word as far as I can that this business is a scam, and everyone should beware!

Comments

• Ky
      28th of Feb, 2008

• Ti
      7th of Apr, 2008

I was also lied to and deceived by these scam artists and am currently fighting them to get out of the " contract" that they tricked me into signing. My gas bill is 500 dollars and face shut off...I have no problem paying the gas company what I owe THEM but I will NEVER pay the money owed to Universal. Our local news on NBC has been doing some investigative coverage on these crooks and they will be shut down eventually. I refuse to pay the extortion fee of 250.00 to get out their contract...they voided it by misleading me and lying for personal gain.

• Br
      22nd of Apr, 2008

tyhey scammed me too what can we do?

• Br
      22nd of Apr, 2008

they scammed me too what can we do about it? i been calling trying to cancel services etc they want it in writing so i e mailed letter stating i dont want the service they still didnt cancel me

• Da
      27th of Jan, 2009

I don't understand how the companies can still get away with doing this! The sales people are actually agressive at the door and I have never been told up front what they are actually doing