Universal Gas / LIED TO ABOUT PRICE

1 36837 Farmbrooke Dr.Clinton Township, MI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 313-850-2285

I was approached by a Universal Gas Rep in 2007 who informed me that if I signed up with Universal Gas I would be getting a locked in lower rate than Consumers. This is a total FLAT OUT LIE. After I attempted to cancel my service with them they told me that I had to pay $250.00 to cancel. I would like to file a lawsuit against them. Why should I be responsible for paying $250.00 after I was lied to by a UNIVERSAL GAS REP!!! Who protects the consumers and why do companies like this continue to be in business????

Comments

• Cs
      28th of Jan, 2009
    Universal Gas - Misrepresented Contact
    Universal Gas
    Sterling Heights
    Michigan

I was tied up with universal gas for their promise to lock low gas rate, which is not actually lower but they locked the price to a higher rate. I do not want to continue with their company but they want me to pay $250 early termination fee that was never mentioned to me in the beginning. And I don't even know that I have 5 year contract with them, I was not given a copy of any contract I signed, which they claimed I did. Now they constantly call me for I moved to my a new house and they want my new account number so they can continue charging more from me. What should I do?