Universal Fidelity / Took money without authorization

Universal fidelity took money out of my account without my authorization. I called them twice, they refused to credit the money back to my bank account. The person I talked to yelled at me the whole time, and said that they take money out of accounts quite often without the consumers authorization. I asked him if they were going to put it back into my account, he said "probably not". I ended up calling my bank and they stopped the payment, and we are going to file a fraud claim against Universal Fidelity. They will not win this one. Thanks

Va

Comments

11th of Aug, 2008

These are the rudest persons to ever call me. I am 49 years old and never has anyone just hung up on me and ended a call so abruptly. The only thing I said to them was I need more than a phone call to show I owe something.

• Br
      19th of Apr, 2009

These people (UFLP) use tactics that are borderline illegal such as automated telephone calls that come multiple times per day including Sundays. I agree. They are rude. They do not answer letters nor return phone calls. This includes letters requesting validation of the debt. Amazingly bad company.