Univeristy of Phoenix / Financial Aid

1 United States

On two separate occasions, I have been given what was supposed to be a disbursement of leftover funds for my grants and pell grants, only for the school to say that I wasn't supposed to be given that money and I had to pay it back immediately. It happened the first time, and I had to put off taking my classes for a while so I could apply for a personal loan to pay for those classes. I had signed the first week of school a form saying they were to take care of my funds then send me the remainder. They had no record of that paper, so after the first incident, I made sure I signed it for the next time so it wouldn't happen again, and low and behold, last week I received a very small pittance of what I usually get, and today I received an email saying that I shouldn't have received that money and I owe that back to cover these classes. They don't know what they're doing, and they are stressing me out. I can't keep going on like this. I applied for the full amount I could get in order to help pay for my bills while I attended schools and I'm not even getting what I was supposed to get and now I have another loan to pay for because of their mistake.