Univercell / ISO / Terrible experience!

1 India Review updated:

I'd want to express my dissatisfaction in addition to what was posted on 2007-04-10 by Mr.Gopikrishna. Univercell claims to be the "ONLY MOBILE STORE TO HAVE 'ISO' STANDARDS" who also apparently claim to be "The first mobile retailer to provide Bill & warranty on every purchase". But to raise curtains from the fact, UNIVERCELL is the worst place to buy phones from. I was told by Ms. Kanchana, In charge of the technical Dept, "I'm not your servant to have this done." Please note I was told this when I pressurized to have my phone which was being fixed for more than a month.

The showroom manager for Anna Nagar Mr.Mohan kept on giving me stories about the process in place, and also for the trouble he was going through to have my work done. He explained things to me as if I was being done a big favor. As a result of what I went through I had no choice but to escalate the issue to some one responsible. I mailed the issue to Mr.Dipesh the Operations Manager and also the HR describing to them the behavior of the staff. The reply to my mail by Mr.Dipesh was "This is really embarrassing, I will look into this personally" and that's it the case was closed by him by assigning the area manager to look into my case.

The area manager Mr.Balaji came into the scene with all the enthusiasm in the world, who called me and kept in touch with me for a couple of days promising to put things in place, and then came the actual character of the Univercell employees. He refused to answer my calls, and when I called him from my work phone he always promised to call me back in 5min and as he was a univercell employee the promised was expected to be under delivered.

Please bear in mind that by this time it was 2 months for me to solve a simple problem. Later when I went back to Mr.Mohan I was told "PLEASE DON'T ASK ME ANY THING, ASK MR.BALAJI ONLY, BECAUSE OF YOU I'VE BEEN GIVEN A MEMO." Again I was put at fault. Frankly speaking, it was all my fault. I. My fault that I brought a phone from them
ii. My fault that I was very patiently making a fool of myself.

And for all you people out there, IF YOU WANT TO BUY HEADACHE FOR A HEAVY PRICE, UNIVERCELL IS THE PLACE TO BE.

I SPENT Rs.11,500 AND WAS WORTHWHILE.

Comments

• As
      12th of Dec, 2007

I totally agree. As I had the same problem with them... They are the most useless bunch that I have ever seen...

• Ti
      12th of Dec, 2007

They spend more money in ads than actually training their staff with customer service skills.

• Di
      18th of Apr, 2008

I totally dis agree. UniverCell provides the best after sales service to its customers. No other mobile retailer takes phones for servicing & sends to the service centre, at their cost. UniverCell provides this service to customers.

Mr Varun came to us with a Memory card, which had corrupted data in it. At our cost, we have provided him with a Memory card for his mobile. Instead of complaining about us, he should be thankful that we provided him with a Memory card, when the warranty period had expired

Dipesh Seth
    Asst Manager - Operations
    UniverCell Mobiles

• Pr
      17th of Sep, 2008

Mr Dipesh Seth,

Probablly you should have a check on the quality of the service you provide to customers, I bought an Apple iPod 1GB on August 19th, I approached your outlet at Mambalam (where I bought it) and stated that it is having battery problem, after 1 week they are coming back and telling that it is a software problem and I corrupted it. Its really funny that this explanation was given by the service center to your people who inturn passed it to me. Just for this I had to visit your outlet almost 4 times. The product is still with Univercell, you guys got a very bad service.

P.S. The reason your sales guy gave about the problem, is absolute nonsense. There is no way that the software could be corrupt. I proved them it is a battery fault, which I had since the day one.
    Before you say you give the best service again, please prove the same to customers who come back to you with complaints

16th of Apr, 2009

Sir,

I bought a mobile worth Rs.8, 764/- inculding insurence with univercell on compelsory to get. I bought my mobile on 31st December 2008 and when i was on tour to my native place in south tamilnadu last week, due to heavy rain mobile got water inside.Once i returned to chennai i have approched the Univercell branch where i bought the mobile, i was totally disappointed, they are not even ready to hear about the customer problem what ever it may be, only one focus on them to sell the mobile and their individual targets on their business day.

If they are providing the insurence for the mobile, if the mobile damaged due to rain also has to be covered, even the univercell staff is not ready to provided the correct contact no of the insurence broker.

I am really fad up with their service, we are getting done the insurence through univercell and we are paying the insurence amount to univercell at the time of buying the mobile in their showroom at the same time, when we have problem why there is no answer from the concern????. and they are asking as to contact some agency with wrong mobile number to get the help.

My mobile insurence claim is ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Vi
      16th of Oct, 2009

yes.Iam also agree with this complaint.Their approach is really worst...

I bought kp115 LG mobile in thier store.They gave 1 year warranty.But that mobile got dead within two months...

I asked them but they did'nt give any response...

Univercell is worst mobile store in the UNIVERSE ...

• Va
      25th of Nov, 2009

Dear sir,

My warm greetings to you & your family.

I am Ramachandran from Ambattur working for a very leading Korean giant auto manufacturing company in a very senior position near Sriperumbudur.

I wish to bring the following few lines for your attention and to give your staff appropriate advise to keep customers satisfied and to direct them properly.On 17th oct'09 I had gifted two motorola W388 models purchased from you at Ambattur shop to one of my relatives under receipt no:155871&1558706 dt.17th oct'09 in the name of Mr.Praveen but within 10 days of purchase of these two mobiles stated to be problem on the battery, getting weakened within 20 minutes after full charge also & it was reported to your Ambattur shop and there was no convincing reply.Your people have told to take to your sevice centre at Ethiraj salai.Even your land lines given at the back of bills are not wroking why do you give misleading information, see you deal with communication systeme but you do not have any means of communication for contacting any of your offices.

Then I went to your shop and the same reply was given to me also and hence I took to your Ethiraj salai.Your service centre last week & I understood that your service is closed and directed me to go fountain plaza.I went & met Mr.Javed in your shop and he told that Ambattur shop itself can repair this or otherwise I should go to your Alwarpet office.I got annoyed and shouted at him if Ambattur shop could repair why should I be directed to your Ethiraj salai and to pllar to post.Then he spoke to Mr.Raajkumar at Ambattur shop & finally I went to Mr, Raajkumar 4days ago.He replaced one battery new one for one mobile and took the other for sending it to you for observation.I do not understand how come both mobiles that too a new one could have same problem and I was ashamed to face my relatives on what they could have thought of me that I would have given some second hand sets to them.Your univercell so reputed and with lot of adds with cine actor Mr.Madhavan I am shocked how you mislead people.I am next to motorola factory and even I could walk in &make a complaint on this but I thought I should first speak to you and if no response from you then I should go to motorola.

Even the new battery which was given by Mr Raajkumar has got the same problem and I have informed him yesterday.I am tired of your Motorola mobiles and hence request you to take back and give us new nokia mobiles of our choice after going to ambattur shop to select and the difference of money would be paid by me.I do not want to take back my mobiles given for repair as my image is spoilt before my relatives and they are vexed with the mobiles.

Therefore kindly advise your staffs at Ambattur office to give me as requested above after adjusting the cost of these two sets and didfference can be collected from me at the earliest.I shall two nokia mobiles immediately.

I expect your positive response at the earliest or otherwise I may have to take up the matter seriously.

Regards
    V.Ramachandran

• Sh
      24th of Aug, 2010

i don't know what happening in univercell mobile show room not responding customers these should be take care by head representative to solve customers problems in sales & service both.

• Vi
      11th of Sep, 2011

Trust me Univercell Staff members are really very worst people I ever seen. Please try to recruit some decent people to avoid huge loss for your company

• Ur
      21st of Oct, 2011

I totally agree... IF YOU WANT TO BUY HEADACHE FOR A HEAVY PRICE, UNIVERCELL IS THE PLACE TO BE. --- You are right

• Gi
      1st of May, 2012

Today morning i stepped into Univercell store for purchasing mobile(Yelahanka Newtown Bangalore branch). Then decided for Samsung Galaxy Y & it was 7500/-.
    So, 1.5K i paid & remaining 6K i swiped my HDFC credit card. It didnt happen properly & the machine used by them was not proper & some loose contacts were there which they rectified & tried. Almost 4 to 5times they tried & swiped. I got a msg from HDFC that 6000/- has been deducted & approved. But Univercell guys says that it didnt happen. Then immed i spoke wid HDFC cust care & they confirmed me that Transaction has happened successfully & the Transaction No is 074914.
    But Univercell guys are telling that it didnt happen & they are not ready to give the mobile to me. They told me that to check tomorrow(2nd May). But when they are not ready to give me a solution today, why do i need to leave that 6K with them.
    I asked Univercell guys to come to my Home which is very near to shop & give the mobile. If transaction is failed, anytime you can directly come to home & take the mobile. But even for that they were not ready & the response i got from them really hurted a lot.

I dont like to escalate like this to Higher levels coz even i came from that stage of life. But every wrong things in my presence happened. One of the guy from Univercell called me & he told that his name is Rajashekar & he is MD of Univercell in Karnataka. Then later i asked his manager no & Email ID & i told him that i want to escalate & again when i asked his name. He told some Abdul speaking. By this itself its very clear that no one is serious in things. & also today evening when i called, they told that we will be giving the mobile now, u can come & collect. But when i went there, they have sold the phone which was opened by me today morning & they told that there is no Stock with them. How can they sell the product when Box piece is opened?? Its something very clearly states that they are cheating & doing something wrong & they are not true to customers.
    The Univercell guy which i was dealing with was Devanand(9742280433) & also i spoke to Mohamed Arshad(9742258639) in phone & he also didnt give any good response & directly he is telling that Univercell is not responsible for this... & when i asked the seniors no, they were hesitating to give & this email ID's i got from internet. If they have not done anything wrong, why should they fear.??

Is this the customer satisfaction you are giving? & the words spoken by them was not in a decent manner. Now i didnt get my money back neither my phone which i had opened the box today morning.

I request you to kindly look into this issue & none of the Store merchants are TRUE here & not only here. Even in Univercell near Hebbal, Bangalore also some issues happened long back. Very bad support & service. & also i am not gonna suggest any1 to purchase mobile in Univercell. (I am not blackmailing sumthng, its the worst kind of service they are providing). I was frustrated by the response i got from the store merchants.