Unitrin Direct / Bad faith tactics

1 Dallas, TX, United States Review updated:

I was hospitalized twice in December of 2009 and released on Christmas Eve, when I returned to my home my 2009 Ford Edge was missing. I called the police then I called Response to find that Unitrin Direct had purchased my insurance company. The first thing the adjuster said to me was I must have stolen the Edge myself as it has some anti theft device. I was in the hospital could barely walk or breath and now dealing with this crap. It is now March 5, 201o and Unitrin has not completed the claim they have they keys and they edge but have done nothing process the claim except to give false and misleading information. Justin Carabinass the adjuster if he returns calls and he rarely has accued me his boss accused me and I have submitted bank records and hospitalization records. Still no where near a settled claim. I fully expect them to deny the claim and i will then have to bare the expense of filing a bad faith suit against them. And i had to purchase a new truck because they refuse to pay for a rental while i am making the payment on a truck i do not have the keys to nor know where it is being stored. DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH UNITRIN DIRECT they are the most unacceptable of the bottom feaders! I do know if this will ever get resolved I am hiring an attorney next week to handle this as Iam going back into the hospital due to stress from the event. The consumer has no rights and all I can do is pray!

Comments

• Fi
      18th of Nov, 2011

I feel your pain!! I want to start a class action law suit against this crap company! IWe need to spread the word! If I can get enough people together to file complaints with their states Dept. of Insurance then I can find a Lawyer to take this class action suit! Lets shut this company of criminals down!