Unitrin Direct Auto InsuranceThey've stolen my car

1 Review updated:

My Custom 00 Integra Turbo Gsr was stolen unrecovered Feb/28/08. Unitrin has a habit of never calling back, even their supervisors never call me back! It took them over three months to settle my claim in which they gave me $9449, peanuts! I provided all receipts for aftermarket work on my Car, they gave me $10.00 for over $10k in maintenance/ aftermarket work all valid receipts. Actual value of my Integra $15, 000+ street value. I still owe my financial co. a balance of $400. They are dismissing the aftermarket work done to my car, they claim my car had 82k miles on the odometer... 60k Actual miles clean title. Unitrin is literally robbing me the actual money they owe me! I’m not pissed, I’m spitting LAVA Furious! This company is unprofessional, rude, during the 3 plus months it took them to eventually settle my claim I got laid off work, had to borrow money from friends and family to survive while they took their sweet time. Unitrin has made it clear that they believe I had something to do with the theft of my Integra, In all honesty I loved my car and I loved tuning it to 400+ Whp. It was a scary fast, flawless body, rare low actual mileage, clean title Gsr. They compared my Gsr to economy models such as the Gs, Ls. If you are not savy to Acura Integra models I owned the performance model then bolted and tuned it to over 400+ Whp. It was not the fuel economy Non-Vtec models. Unitrin Direct is Garbage! They think their gonna screw an American hero who served 4 years with the Navy two deployments to the Persian gulf, 6 months in Iraq repairing vital water systems. I have never felt so disrespected in my life. This company only cares about money. Period! This is far from over, now I have to get an attorney which means my life is still on standby because Unitrin wont give me respect or the actual value of my car. I served proudly for USA and what it stands for, this is unacceptable.

Comments

Feb 04, 2009
    Unitrin Direct Auto Insurance - Very poor service
    Unitrin Direct Auto Insurance
    Virginia

Absolutely unbelievable--they simply do not care about their insured. I thought they were reasonable except for those times when a change had to be made to the policy. But, then we had an accident. The other person was at fault and was charged. Their insurance was called and they refused to pay for total loss damages to our 2017 Mazda-3. So I called Unitrin and after talking to the fourth person finally got the claim made. Everything seemed to go smoothly albeit very slowly, until the claims agent called and said they would give $6200 for our $7200 car. We discussed what it needed to be, but then the agent never returned the call. I attempted several calls over the next two and a half weeks but got no return. Then I got the low-ball check. So, I called and got the agent's supervisor. The supervisor was very nice and seemed very disturbed that the agent had treated me this way. I was able to get $530 more which was still $500 too little. Then I submitted a list of charges (only $510) for inconvenience including a day of work, phone calls, car hunting expenses, etc. I have still not had a reply nor will the supervisor return my calls (this is the man who was so incensed that the agent had not treated me well..what a show!). To make matters worse they canceled my new home owners policy because the inspector (in my absence) failed my house for having a rail missing on my deck...because the idiot could not see that I was doing construction work on that part of the deck!!! I am canceling ALL insurance with Unitrin as soon as the paid-up policies expire.
    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY WILL ROB YOU AND LAUGH AT YOU WHILE THEY DO IT!

• Ju
      Mar 02, 2009

I too am a victim of auto theft and it has been 3 months since and my claim is still pending! The Unitrin adjustor and their Supervisor's DO NOT call back their customers and they do treat people with no RESPECT, I too am frustrated and spitting lava at this point! I had custom wheels and tires on my vehicle and my car was recovered 4 days after it was stolen and I am still waiting for call backs from the adjustor and the supervisors which is RIDICULOUS! UNITRIN Ins. Co. is a company I no longer want to pay my hard earned money to no longer I am a law abiding citizen and I do pay my premiums monthly it is very disappointing to me that a Company like this just gets away with treating their customers like ****! Still waiting for a response!

• Jc
      Nov 12, 2009

My daughter was in a fender bender with a man who had insurance with Unitrin. They exchanged information and when my daughter contacted Unitrin claims department Unitrin said they couldn't find a policy for him.

I did an internet search and found him on a naval boat. He then confirmed that he had an active policy with them. Unitrin has since paid on the damage. But I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. If so please contact me at [protected]@live.com.

J. Cook

• Ba
      May 19, 2010

THIS INSURANCE COMPANY IS BY FAR THE WORST, THE TAKE UR MONEY, THEY ARE USEFUL. THEY NEVER ARE THERE TO ASSIST U AND THE SERVICE. HORRIBLE! THEY CONSTANTLY HANG UP ONTHEIR CUSTOMERS AND THEN NEVER GET BACK AT YOU AND SEND U A LETTER IN THE MAIL FOR NOT SPEAKING TO THEM WHICH THEY NEVER WOULD CALL BACK WHEN LEAVING MESSAGES; DONT WASTE UR MONEY. SERIOUSLY

• Re
      Nov 04, 2011

THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS THE WORST EVER WE HAVE DEALT WITH AND IVE TRIED TO CONVINCE MY PARENTS TO CHANGE INSURANCE THANKFULLY THEY HAVE LISTENED TO ME. WE SUBMITTED A CLAIM SINCE 10/19/2017 AND HAVE NOT RCVD NO RESPONSE BUT SAY THE TRUCK IS UNDER SPECIAL INVESTIGATION. NOW AS WELL THEY SEND LETTERS SAYING IF WE DONT REACH THEM IN 10 DAYS CLAIM WOULD BE CANCELED AND JUST RCVD THIS LETTER WITH DATE 10/302011 AND RIGHT NOW WERE 11/04/2017 AND NO ACTUALL HELPFULL INFORMATION OR ANY CALL BAK . IVE CALLED THE COMPANY 9 TIMES AS IM WRITTING THIS AND LEFT VOICEMAILS AND GET TRANSFERED AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. IN ADDITION, IVE SPECIFICALLY SAID MY FATHER SPEAKS SPANISH THEY WOULD NEED A SPANISH REPRESENTATIVE AND NOT A CALL BACK.I BELIEVE THEIR IS SPANISH REPRESENTATIVES IN THEIR OFFICE, BUT NOT IM STARTING TO THINK THEY ARE REALLY LAZY, UNEDUCATED AS WELL THE APPRAISERS. MY DAD HAD SAID HE HAD CALLED HIM AT 8PM CST STATING HE WOULD LOOK AT TRUCK TOMAROW SPOKE ENGLISH NOT SPANISH MY DAD SAID HE DIDNT SPEAK ENGLISH, SO I DIALED BAK WHILE I WAS WORKING. SEEMS THEY DONT REALIZE WE ALSO HAVE TO WORK AND HAVE A BUSY SCHEDULE IN OUR LIVES LIKE THEY DO AS WELL. WELL I CALL BAK AND WOW BU MY SURPRISE SO UNEDUCATED, AND MY IMPRESS HE WAS WHITE. I AM NOT AT ALL RACES, IM HISPANIC BUT I HAVE SPOKEN TO BETTER EDUCATED PEOPLE WITH CLASS ANDHE WAS SO FAR FROM REACHING THAT LEVEL OF SPEECH. LATER ON I CALL HIM AGAIN DURING THE DAY AND SAYS THAT TRUCK WAS NOT ASSIGNED TO ME.. LIKE REALLY ...YES THIS IS ACTUALLY THE WORST COMPANY EVER, NOW WERE JUST WAITING AND WAITING TO THE POINT IF THEY DONT MOVE IT ILL BE HELPING MY PARENTS TO GET A LAWYER.

• Re
      Nov 21, 2011

My advice in people plz read reviews before you get insurance with this company they are far the worst ever. Always canceling appointments, always reschedule and never get no where. My fathers truck was hit in front of the house, and now its been over a month and now they want to investigate the case. They said they wanted to do an investigation recording person to person and its the second time they cancel appt as they said they would come to the house with a spanish interperter.The spanish interpreter did come, but once again what it seems many reviews I've read by other people complains they do the same to everyone canceling appts. We would had prefer a person to person recording plus a copy of the recording and the investigator ended up saying we woul have to pay for the copy of the transcript..how patherit is that when we pay so much for insurance they can't send us a copy? Now wonder that, really obvious the are the worst ever and unprofessional.I hoep u read this and find this helpful before u deal for what were dealing..CLOSE to the holidays and my father without his truck the one use when we travel.