Uniters NA; Global Care Solutions; Stainsafe / Unable to get through

1 354 Hiatt DrPalm Beach Gardens, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-292-3777

Is anyone else holding a warranty through this company unable to get through? The [protected] has been deactivated. Maybe I can help - try one of these numbers. When you get through, don't take no for an answer.

[protected]; [protected]; [protected]; [protected]

All of these numbers will connect you to the call center to file your claim or check on the status. Don't give up!

Comments

• Di
      22nd of Aug, 2009

Thank you so much for these numbers as I have a claim that was approved in July and now the retailer will not honor it saying they (Global care solutions/Stainsafe) have filed for bankruptcy and they have no further contact numbers for them.
    I see online they have been forced into bankruptcy and are now active under a new name.
    Very frustrating

• Li
      24th of Aug, 2009

I just found out today that my claim which was approved a few months ago is apparently useless because when I tried to call Stainsafe at the number I was given, they told me they were out of business. The company I purchased the furniture from is currently going out of business and can no longer order anything new. I am wondering if anyone has had luck trying to track this company down to get them to honor the claims they've already approved?

• Dn
      1st of Apr, 2010

Please be advised that if useing a company called Global Care Solutions based in Florida. They will not cover and will deture and repair to your purchase.

They are a total rob and have the worst customer service I have ever delt with Watch out for a woman named Judy she is not so nice and will throw out your claim.

Im proof positive of this fact. I had to call back and speak to her supervisor and the sup, could not find my case, untill it was found in the trash. Thank you Nancy for helping me but Im still paid the a warranty that will not cover what the claim...

Total ROD. do not buy extened warranty from JC Penneys and Glodal Care Solutuons in Florida...

• To
      23rd of Mar, 2011

We bought two sofas and a sectional from Macy's with the warranty service from Uniters NA. We called Uniters NA to clean some stains on our sofa and turned out their service was a scam. They put all these conditions in your warranty contract which of course the sales at Macy's would not tell you about. In order to qualify for their warranty we would have to call them right away for every stain occurred to our sofa! We have two little kids at home so juice spill happens a lot and all it takes is to miss one call and your warranty is voided. When I did call them I had to wait long before getting connected to a live person and then it took them three weeks to send a technician to our home. The guy came, said he was not allowed to clean our sofa because it had multiple stains, took some photos and left. Two weeks later Uniters NA sent us a letter denying our warranty. What a fraud! We always trusted Macy's and did not expect Macy's would sell a scam service like this to customers. Do NOT buy service from this company.

• Fr
      26th of May, 2011

I had the same experience as Tom, only several years ago. Twice my husband and I visited the Macy's Galleria store in St. Louis and spoke to the same sales woman. Very long conversations about what the extended care option would cover. She assured us over and over again that the extended care would cover pet damage such as scratches, urine, vomit, blood, etc. We thought it over and purchased a leather sectional BASED ON THE INCORRECT INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SALES WOMAN! A year later when I tried to use the extended care I purchased, after a long conversation with an agent for the coverage which consisted of me telling her the exact location and type of damage on each piece, she put me on hold to get a work number and came back with the news that my damage wasn't covered. Animal punctures and scratches were NOT covered. Just urine, vomit and blood. Apparently if a human scratched or chewed the furniture it was covered. That sales woman at Macy's HAD to know what she was doing just to make a sale. I haven't shopped at Macy's in years and I certainly don't intend to in the future.

• Lu
      9th of Nov, 2011

This company is a complete scam. NEVER buy a fabric warranty when buying furniture, The companies are all crooks.

9th of Dec, 2011

We bought furniture from STeinhafels. Same situation. We bought the warranty back in 2008. We have rips in the leather. Stainsafe is out of business, so Steinhafels said they couldnt help us, even though they suggested that warranty when we bought the furniture. Frustrating as all hell. Not that it will do much, but I am posting in Facebook my issues and having people not buy from Steinhafels, or at least any warranty.

13th of Dec, 2011

I purchased from Value City Furniture, with the fabric warranty, which was very pricey. The piece of furniture was 2-3 times what we had paid before, so as long as it lasted, we didn't mind too much, but it was still almost $300 on warranties (also a frame warranty from VCF).
    Not 2 months after having the sectional, a piece had a big rip. I was royally annoyed. I've bought a lot of warranties, and I have never, ever put in a single claim. This time, I was not letting it go. I called and was told item would arrive in 8-12 weeks. 3 Months later, the piece arrive. Granted, given the way the sectional is made, this piece was the entire couch's upholstery fabric/cushions. I called in and guy came over a few days later (they tell you you have 14 days to contact them after replacement piece arrives and that once you call them they have 2 weeks to come on). All was done and fixed, and worried about whether they had applied the protective "layer" on the new replacement piece. When I called, they said it comes directly from manufacturer so they don't know (in other words, it didn't).

The day before the technician came to put the piece in, another rip showed up. "You gotta be kidding me! $3000 and lasts less than the $700 we bought 3 years ago?!?" Yup. So I called the warranty again. This time, they asked for pictures. Fine, took pictures and submitted to their email right away. Then, I called to check "they've been received and will be added to your claim". A few days later, "They've been added to your claim and will be reviewed. You'll receive a call". A few days later, no call, "It's the holidays, so taking longer. Expect call in next 4 days". Two weeks later "On Nov. 28th they approved the order of the new piece and will be delivered in 8-12 weeks. Then you have 14 days to call us to get a technician there". At one point, the person said they might have to get us an entire new couch. I found it completely unnecessary, but would not have objected.

All in all, they're slow as hell, though they reiterate it's the manufacturer who takes 2-3 months to ship a piece (who else takes that long to ship ANYTHING!? are they MAKING it?)

I bought this in July 4th weekend, and have required two fixes, of which the second one will probably not have been finished by mid March.

So I don't know if I'm blaming Uniters, or VCF, or, given the circumstances, praising them for still getting me all fixed up.

12th of Feb, 2014

I purchased mine at Value City Furniture in Louisville Kentucky. They told me the claim has to be within 10 days of the incident/ accidents only are covered. And they are still selling Stain Safe 7 year warranty !!!