unitedtel-findyourdiet.com / violation

New Orleans
Unitedtel-findyourdiet.com illegally charged by phone bill for a service or I can't really say what without my permission. A $14.95 charge appeared on my bill in December and I didn't recognize it until February. Something has to be done about such scams. I feel violated and unprotected.

N  12th of May, 2009 by

unitedtel-findyourdiet.com - Unauthorized charge

There was an authorized charge on my phone bill on the 24th of April in the amount of $14.95 from HOLD Billing Service
N  5th of Aug, 2009 by

unitedtel-findyourdiet.com - unsolicited monthly fee

South Carolina

I opened my phone bill and found a charge for $14.95 for findyourdiet.com which was charged on JUL 2. When I called UNITEDTEL, they said someone in my household authorized this charge. My husband and I are the only ones in my household and we did not authorize this fee. He had my address and telephone number and said that we must have signed up for up on the web since they had that information. That is common knowledge that anyone can get on the internet from various sources. I asked him if he had a time of the charge or an IP address of the computer that made the charge. He supplied me with an IP address that does not belong to my computers at home or work. I did an IP lookup and it said the computer was in California! This company is a third party affiliate for the website and told me that he couldn't credit the charge but would credit the next billing charge which is already in the works and would cancel the membership. This would also block my phone number from any more charges. THIS IS FRAUD!
N  18th of Jan, 2011 by
We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at FindYourDiet take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like the opportunity to address any concerns you may have. You can contact us toll-free at 1-877-391-3161 or by email at customersupport@billinghelpnow.com, so that we may resolve your inquiry.