United Work Force/Skyshout / Fake USPS hiring agent

Phone: 561-283-0895
Advertisements on Craigslist nationwide as hiring for USPS jobs. It tells you to call a number in Florida and ask for a varying extension. I called this, and the same guy answered each time as a different person. Last time I called it was Eric Gold.

He then asks for $89 plus $20 in shipping to be paid immediately towards "study materials" for a USPS exam. When prompted, he had no explanation as to how this fits in with USPS's hiring procedure. And when questioned further, he became hostile and hung up the phone.

BEWARE. Don't e-mail this ad and don't call the number.

D  21st of Jan, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
I purchased from this company and nothing is fake. I ordered a "Study Guide" to "Study" for the Postal Battery Exam. It's a similar book that's sold at Barnes and Nobles, or any other book store. The only reason I bought from Eric was because they have a return policy that states, "if I don't pass the exam or get a interview date I would be refunded the price of the book" which is a better deal than buying the book from a book store!

Can you imagine going back to Barnes and Nobles and saying "Hi, I didn't get the job can I get my money back?"

It's just like the SAT's kids have to take the exam and they have to study for it so they purchase study guides to help them ... can you imagine taking a SAT study guide back to barnes and nobles and saying "my son didn't pass the SAT's can I have our money back?"

Eric told me he couldn't promise me a job because there are other things involved like a drug test and background check and I understand that ... but the company is only selling a "Study Guide" to help individuals pass the Postal Battery Exam and there is nothing wrong with that!

I don't know all the zip code verification, and zoning requirements of the USPS! With Eric's Book Now I do and feel confident going in to take the Exam!

Thanks Eric!
A  25th of Jan, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
This comment above is a blatant lie, please don't fall for it. This USPS ad is continually flagged for removal on Craigslist because people are getting wise.

GOVERNMENT AGENCIES DO NOT CONTRACT HIRING, nor are there "study materials."
A  28th of Jan, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
There are "study materials" but you get them for free from USPS directly...

Geez, even the defensive comment sounded like an ad.

"Can you imagine saying, 'Hi, I didn't blah blah and want my money back?'"

Stupid fakers.
A  28th of Jan, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Hey "pyxlbomb, " you got ripped off! Or, more likely, you must BE Eric.
D  5th of Feb, 2009 by
i bought from them. how is it not legit if you get a full refund? i did this and it helped me pass the test with a score of 97.

there's no way you can get that kind of score without studying.

the post office gives away the material for free but there book is only 30 pages or so... this book is much more comprehensive for sure.
A  20th of Jul, 2009 by
Recently, I experienced something very similar to this. I called a "so-called" USPS hotline number that informed me about the USPS Exam book, telling me that I had to pay arouund 95.oo dollars...As something kept telling to continue to push forward - to call other USPS sources and investigate about the pricing...To my surprise this Exam Book is ABSOLUTELY 100 % FREE!!! He gave me a precise website address thats very, very long and is suppose to give you access to a free printout of the USPS Preparation Book!!! Gee! I'm lucky to have saved my pennies before having handed it out to someone who gets rich off of poor people like me! I was thhhhiiisssssssss close to actually handing them that money. They deserve an Oscar made out of burnt coals for their deceitful acting! Wow...That's all I can say. When I find the paper with the website address that was given to me- I will post it here-just haven't had a chance to find it. Sorry...
A  15th of Oct, 2011 by
you all got ripped off this is eric gold!
D  15th of Oct, 2011 by
You got ripped off this is Eric Gold!