United Vacation Reservations / Unauthorized charges

We paid up-front money, and were guaranteed 15 1-week vacations. After two vacations, we could no longer contact the company. Phones not answered, office closed, no forwarding information, just disappeared with our money.

Resnick also promised 2 free airline tickets for anyone who attended their promotional meeting on Dec 15, 2007. We signed up, but never received any airline ticket.

They always posted a Hot List of vacation opportunities on their web site, which were about 7 weeks out. The current posting on their web site shows Hot List offers only thru Jan 3, 2009. No new postings since!

I have reported this matter to the Department Of Consumer Affairs, State Of South Carolina. Their attempts to contact Resnick have been unsuccessful to date.

Al

Comments

Kl
  13th of Aug, 2009

Our experience was the same as the previous complaint but in addition, just received bill from Monterey Financial Svcs for payment of annual dues. Vacation accounts are now being "serviced" by Travel Services 800-718-4228 but of course, they have no knowledge, contact info, or anything else on Resnick and company. Fool me once...

Wi
  22nd of Jun, 2011
United Vacation Reservations - Closed down their business after taking my money for a 25 week vacation plan
United Vacation Reservations

In May of 2007 I purchased a 25 week vacation plan through United Vacation Reservations LLC. The transaction took place in Atlanta, GA. After using the service a couple of times, I called the office to plan another trip. My calls, nor my emails were returned. In May of 2007 I purchased a 25 week vacation plan through United Vacation Reservations LLC. The transaction took place in Atlanta, GA. After using the service a couple of times, I called the office to plan another trip. My calls, nor my emails were returned. Upon contacting the BBB in South Carolina, I found that the company was out of business with no forwarding information. Below are the people possibly involved : Jeff Resnick- Listed as Principal in N Augusta, SC. Lindsay Resnick- Opened an office at 1000 Holcomb Woods Pkwy. #116, Feb 10, 2007 Cheryl Resnick Davis - I think she is a relative that was taking reservations. Angela Resnick- I think she is also a relative. I paid for my weeks up front(no financing) and I want to be compensated for the 23 weeks I have not used.

An
  26th of Jun, 2011

I have also experienced this from United Vacation. No contact information. I also purchased vacation weeks from them and it was financed through Monterey Financial. I also got a billl from Travel Services regarding payment of annual dues. United Vacation is a fraud, a terrible rip off. Is there anything that can be done to get your money back?

Ma
  19th of Oct, 2011

We too have been scammed out of 1000's of dollars from United Vacation Reservations in Atlanta, GA.
We paid up front for 32 wk and used it one time. We also have been paying an annual fee to keep this "contract" active. I have not been able to get ahold of United Vacation Reservations and ask Monterey Finanical how to get a hold of them. Carla gave me 888-802-9052. Its a bogus number.
I wonder how many of us "suckers" they got. I also wonder how do we get them? Who do we talk to?

Je
  6th of Mar, 2012

This has happened to me as well with same company and parties involved. Like you I paid in full upfront for the trips. However I get billed every year for maintenance fees. However, there isn't anyone available at the phone number that Monterey gives out to the clients. Collectively we need to do something about this.