United Vacation Network / Scam and cheating

1 3690 East Bay Dr. Ste Q, Largo, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-718-4228

On 12/01/06, I attended a presentation regarding a travel opportunity I was highly pressured into purchasing from United Vacation Network. I asked if this could be used internationally, more specifically for Sao Paulo, Brazil. I was assured that any where I wanted to go throughout the world, I could use their services and get there cheaper than by going through anyone else because I would be staying at one of their resorts or 4 or 5 star hotels. I thought that this would be a good opportunity to save some money on travel. This wasn't the case.

My purchase agreement was to include 2 bonus weeks and 2 mini vacations. The mini vacations were limited to 26 destinations. I had to provide my own transportation to get there. I signed up for one of the mini vacations, and had to sit through yet another 3 hour plus seminar about another vacation opportunity which was different than the one I had attended to get this mini vacation. It was equally as high pressured in trying to get me to buy. I was told this was only going to be a 90 minute presentation.

Besides having to sit through another 3 hour plus seminar regarding a different travel opportunity, they put me up in the dumpiest hotel ever. It was filthy, not just in the room I was in, but the entire hotel. This is not what I was told I would be staying in at the original presentation. I was told the hotels would be 4 and 5 star hotels. These were supposed to be free weekends, not another presentation. Also, I could never find out which hotel they were putting me up in until I went to their Welcome Center.

When I tried to use the bonus weeks and started checking into the possibilities of traveling to Brazil, I was told that they didn't have any resorts in Sao Paulo, but we could go to Rio. That is over 260 miles away. This isn't what I was told when I purchased.

The following June I started looking into other vacations that we could use this travel service for. Every time I called to make any kind of travel arrangements I was given some reason or another why they couldn't process my arrangements. I understood that for most things I had to fill out a special request form; that required additional fees, and 3 destination choices, as well as 3 travel dates 1 week apart. When I did send in the information for my bonus weeks, they would never confirm with me if they had even received the information. I sent it in again, and still never got any response. So where were the free bonus weeks I was to get with the initial signup? I never was able to take them, because they never responded either by email, phone, or snail mail. I constantly tried to contact them after I sent in my request, but to no avail.

I was also told that I could use them just like a regular travel agency. When I did try to get information for various destinations, they were much more expensive than any other local or internet travel agency I contacted to compare prices with. One of these times involved having to travel to a funeral. They couldn't even accommodate me for this. They kept trying to tell me to fill out their special request form that required the above info.

I feel that to make things right in my mind, this company should refund my purchase price of $3, 500.00, plus the renewal fee of $199.00. I was unable to use their bonus weeks I purchased. I tried many times to use them but could not, not to mention all the other fraudulent claims and promises they made.
I couldn't even log in to the website after awhile, even after paying the yearly service fee. Now I am being told that United Vacation Network no longer exists, but has taken on other names such as Suncoast Incentives, Suncoast Vacations, and Travel Services, LLC. When calling the phone number listed on the website, www.unitedvacationnetwork.com, they just answer it as Your Travel Provider.

The other gifts that I received by just attending the original presentation were a joke as well. I received a coupon for a complimentary cruise. By the time all the various fees involved were paid, this same cruise was cheaper on my own. I also received fuel/dining redemption coupons. I followed their rules to a T, and didn't receive the rewards from those either.

Va

Comments

• Ee
      26th of Sep, 2009

Royal Palm Vacations, United Vacation Network, Suncoast Vacations, Suncoast LLC, World Vacations, Imperial Incentives, Capitol Financial, Travel Services USA, among others...

Office Manager:

Christy Daniel

last known address:
    12360 84TH WAY N.
    Largo, Fl 33773

her Prison release information and picture:

To everyone who is a member to any one of the below listed fraudulent companies:

... I wish to say that I am sorry... I had no Idea this company that I worked for was like this. Please take this information and do what you have to do with it.

Royal Palm Vacations, Travel Services USA, United Vacation Network, Suncoast Vacations, Suncoast LLC, World Vacations, Imperial Incentives... and many more names... all the same company... many different lawsuits with Atty generals and the state of FL... All ran out of Tampa Bay... (Largo, FL) actually.

For all of you Royal Palm members... there is NO office in Nevada... we were told to tell you that so you could not find where they were...

Google any of the above listed names, or look on ABC Action News of Tampa Bay... and search any of those above names... you will see big news reports of scams...

They never have any vacations available to you... if you place a request for vacation, they will respond "sorry, no avail" which means no availability... when they never even check. For airfare, we used the same websites that you at home do... travelocity, orbits, and expedia... then we would add a percentage to that price because we had to make some money too... So, all this company does is take your $3000.00 - $6000.00, and your ASC (Annual Service Charge). Then they sit there, and do nothing except to reply to you..."sorry no avail" and continue collecting your ASC every year...

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=3

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediacenter/[email protected]&navCatId=3

FYI: Christy Daniels is the Office Manager (she was in prison for a few years because she was running a fraudulent business before working for these companies... funny huh?!), Amanda is the office supervisor... and the owner of all those false and fraudulent businesses is... Nick Congleton.

To anyone who is a member of any one of those listed fraudulent companies, ... I highly suggest contacting the Florida Atty General, and the Nevada Atty General... good luck all...

• Fm
      20th of Sep, 2011

This is NOT from a FORMER employee. I have done extensive research in this matter and what I have found is that the person claiming to be a FORMER employee and provided all of the details of Mr. Congelton & company. Travel Services was shut down by the Florida AG and they filed for bankruptcy shortly after : http://bankrupt.com/misc/flmb09-20902.pdf

My best guess is that there is someone who was close to that situation that decided to pick up where Mr. Congelton & company left off and is now scamming customers by phone. Mr Congelton's original scam was to do this in person by renting rooms in large cities and advertising these seminars that showed you how to never have to pay for vacation locations again. The reason I feel this phone cruise scam is not being perpetrated by the same people is that this is the first time it is being done by phone. Also, why would a company continue doing business in the same name when they are on the radar of the AG of Florida?

It is also my best guess that the letter from a "FORMER employee" was actually posted by the new copy cat scammers to help conceal the identity of whoever is really behind it. It led me on a goose chase and I wasted nearly two days researching all of this.

The only reason I got involved in this is because I can't stand it when someone calls my cell phone trying to sell something. Was never going to buy anything but wanted to personally let the caller know they had broken the law by robo calling my cell phone. When I called the number back, I got nothing but a busy signal. I did call back the number that an operator gave me and the people were extremely rude and eventually hung up on me after requesting a copy of their do not call policy (which they need to provide by law if asked).

The best thing to do is to never give out personal information and remember the saying that my father always recites: "If it sounds too good to be true, it is."