United Tel, LLC / Unsolicited monthly subscription fee

United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-298-3724
Unsolicited monthly subscription fee is added to phone bill.
No one subscribes any services from the company, or knows what this company is.
Ja

More United Tel, LLC Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Pa
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS COMPANY TO STOP BILLING ME $19.95 A MONTH, THRU MY PHONE BILL, FOR A MEMBERSHIP I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR WITH BENEFITS I AM NOT RECIEVING. I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS COMPANY IS ABLE TO ARBITRAILY CHARGE PEOPLES PHONE BILLS WITHOUT ACCOUNTABILITY.

EVERY MONTH I HAVE TO CALL FOR A REVERSAL OF THE CHARGES. THEN I CALL THE AT&T TO TELL THEM ABOUT IT. THEN I CARRY A NEGATIVE BALANCE ON MY PHONE BILL TIL THE REVERSAL IS PROCESSED.

THERE ARE THREE COMPANIES DOING THIS TO ME RIGHT NOW, UNITED TEL, LLC, ADVANCE BENEFITS, AND THE BILLING RESOURCE.

THIS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. CHECK YOUR MONTHLY PHONE BILLS.
Me
  7th of Apr, 2009
If these companies were not legit they would not be able to bill you.I would recommend that if you r surfing for free stuff be cautious of what you are submitting to.We as consumers can not blame companies for our ignorance.We are responsible not to make our info readily available to be taken and submitted to these companies...And if you knew the actual process.It is the marketers that benefit from submitting Ur- info to these companies...They get paid by each submission they get for each company..so before u bash innocent people u should check your sources..
Me
  7th of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
BTW there charge is 14.95 not 19.95 so check again ur sources
Mi
  8th of May, 2009
I'm EXTREMELY furious, because my Dad got a 14.95 fee..related to united tel, illc-findyourdiet.com mthly and he said he CALL a number on the bill and they told him that they have MY NAME AND ALL MY INFORMATION!!! WHAT THE HELL????
ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE???
i'm only applying for scolaships not some kind of DIET??
WOW!
An
  4th of Aug, 2009
I work for these ppl and what you guys don't know is that somehow you sign up for this. Everyone says "Well i didn't do it!, " but how is it then that all the info under the acct is yours and is accurate?? The most popular way to sign up is in response to an online survey. Why don't you ppl then stop responding to everything that you see online about winning something free! Nothing in this world is free!
Co
  15th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
If everyone were to pay attention to their phone bill they wouldnt have to worry about charges they did not authorize. The company was very cooperative with me and they are not out to scam customers. If the charge was added fraudulently they will rectify the situation but when a customer calls up after months and months of charges, its the consumers responsibility to pay attention to their phone bill. No one is trying to steal your money and they dont know you didnt register for their service until you call. So yes, pay attention to your bill. They shouldn't be held accountable for your irresponsibility.
Sm
  25th of Sep, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
All you idiots that say that it isn't our fault, your seriously either stupid or you work for the thieves who are extorting money from us through a phone bill. The first thing that needs to be done is to put these places out of business and hold them accountable. The next thing that needs to be done is to have a law put in place that NOTHING BUT THE PHONE COMPANY CHARGES can be added to your phone bill. We as consumers get ripped off all the time unsuspectingly. Well, we'll have to look at each company and business as immoral and out to steal from us from now on. I don't take crap from anyone and all of you losers who think that it's our fault for getting extorted by thieves, you just wait til it happens to you. And it probably will, too. Idiot!
Re
  2nd of Oct, 2009
I had this charge show up on my phone bill. When I called the lady said she would give me credit on my next bill. (The credit was there the next month). I asked the lady when and where did I sign up for their service. She could not give me any sign up information other than date. I had never visited the site and I don't take surveys or apply for free offers. I believe the Findmydiet.com folks pick out phone #'s to charge hoping that the consumer will not notice. Imagine the number of elderly people that are getting charged $14.95 for nothing. The people that are defending this are really the people that are working this scam. I have reported this to Internet crimes. Let's all report this crime. It's not our fault that someone is trying (and succeeding) to steal our money.
Va
  28th of Nov, 2009
Do what I did. I nicely requested a refund. When it did not happen, I reported them to the BBB and the Federal Trade Commession. What they are doing is illegal. Also Ask At&T or your REAL provider to put a 3rd party restriction on your phone. Then no FAKE company can start charging you bogas charges... To you peope that work for them. If they have to scam to get customers, they are in the wrong...
Cu
  18th of Jan, 2011
We are very sorry to hear about your experience. Please be aware that we at FindYourDiet take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like the opportunity to address any concerns you may have. You can contact us toll-free at 1-877-391-3161 or by email at customersupport@billinghelpnow.com, so that we may resolve your inquiry.
Sincerely,