United Teachers Association / Avoid them

I bought a series of policies from United Teachers Association Insurance Company last year. The representative, Mark Smith sold me thisese policies for "Heart Disease, Heart Attack, Dreaded Disease, Cancer and HeartIntensive Care". Mr. Smith came to our home and asked prepared questions from a form. I told him that I was a diabetic, and many years ago a doctor had told me I have high blood pressure, but my current doctor didn't think it was a problem. He told me that if my blood pressure had been under control, either by medication, or diet, for the last 2 years that it did not count against me. I bought these policies with a down payment and a bank account debit every month. In July I had Congestive Heart Failure and was hospitalized for 3 days in intensive care. (The intensive care policy paid as promised.) Then I was hospitalized for a heart catheterization (which should have been covered) and I also had a tumor (benign) which was removed in August. Welll, now. almost a YEAR later, they want to deny my coverage, based on a pre-existing condition. They sure haven't had any problem taking my payments for the past year. They are currently stalling, and I can't seem to get any co-operation out of the claims department at all. They claim they "didn't get my letters!!" How convenient! The hospital is getting tired of the run-around as well. I am making payments on my hospital bills, but this company need to get on the ball. I would advise everyone to avoid this company until I post further information. Thanks for listening

Dr

Comments

• Br
      9th of Feb, 2013

I HAVE BEEN PAYING UNITED TEACHERS ASSOC FOR YEARS FOR A DISABILITY INSURANCE POLICY. I JUST WAS NOTIFIED THAT MY POLICY HAD LAPSED AND WAS NO LONGER IN EFFECT. I KNOW THAT I HAVE PAID EVERY BILL THEY MAILED ME, EVEN COMPLYING WITH SENDING A COPY OF MY W-2 AS PROOF THAT I STILL WORK FULL-TIME.
    I JUST WENT BACK TO TRACK MY PAYMENTS TO THEM AND DISCOVERED THAT WHEN I TURNED 66 THEY STOPPED BILLING ME...NO NOTICE OR ANYTHING. WHAT A VICIOUS TACKIC TO GET RID OF OLDER INSUREDS. I AM A SOLE PROVIDER FOR AN INVALID FROM A HORRIBLE STROKE PLUS WORKING FULL TIME ETC. ETC.
    HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. I PLAN TO CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE, TO SEE WHAT MY RIGHTS ARE.

• Br
      9th of Feb, 2013

looks like the company intentionally picks on older insured people to screw them in their older years.

• Ke
      24th of Apr, 2013

I ALSO BOUGHT A POLICY FROM MARK SMITH WITH UTA...I BOUGHT A HEART ATTACK/ STROKE POLICY AND A CANCER POLICY. I PAID THE PREMIUMS FOR 3 YEARS. MARK SMITH TOLD ME THAT THESE POLICYS PAID 100% IF I WERE DIAGNOSED WITH A HEART ATTACK OR A STROKE. ON DECEMBER 7TH 2012 I HAD A STOKE AND WAS FLOWN TO THE HOSPITAL WHERE I WAS ADMITTED TO ICU FOR 3 DAYS. MY HOSPITAL, DOCTOR AND AMBULANCE BILL TOTALLED OVER $50, 000.00. THIS INSURANCE PAID $2, 000.00 THIS INSURANCE SUCK! AND THE SALESMAN LIES! DON'T WAIST YOUR MONEY WITH THESE PEOPLE. YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU DO.