united tax relief / federal tax help

1 FL, US Review updated:
Phone: 9049981318

Paid this company 750.00 they said they could get my federal taxes i owe down from 6000 to 960 dollars. irs didnt settle for anything less then what i owe so now i owe the 6000 plus the 750 i paid this company on top of that

Comments

• Ut
      Nov 07, 2009

-To any concerned,

We submitted all of the necessary paperwork on Mrs. Shoemaker's behalf in order to achieve the tax debt reduction. Unfortunately, she did not tell us about certain delinquencies with the IRS. This was not disclosed to us. If it were, we would not have accepted Mrs. Shoemaker as a client. All of this was clearly explained to her. We go through an approval process in order to accept any of our clients. The preliminary process requires a verbal disclosure by our clients about the details of their case. This is in good faith. When we speak with IRS we will know everything. So if valid information is not disclosed initially, we cannot be responsible for the final outcome of our client's case. It is very important that we have a trustworthy relationship with our clients from the very start. Please contact us if you have any tax issues. We will be glad to hear your truthful story. We can help.

Robert J. Dunn
    Director

Feb 18, 2010

I worked with United Tax Relief when the IRS claimed that I owed them over 13, 000.00. I hired United Tax Relief to help me. My accountant had filed my tax returns incorrectly for the past seven years. After hiring United Tax Relief, they amended my tax returns and the IRS was forced to cut me a check for over 9, 000.00 from the erroneous refunds that they had been taking year after year from me. I don't know about other people's experiences with United Tax Relief, but they far exceeded my expectations. I just wanted to get out of debt and I ended up with a nice check. I give em' two thumbs up.

Joseph L. Klinecole
    Dallas, TX.

Mar 08, 2010

DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE DRAWN IN BY THEIR SCAM!

United Tax Relief claimed they could get my debt down from $30, 000 to $7, 000. I paid them $3000 to do so. When I sent the documents created by UTR in to the IRS, I was completely denied any settlement.

I have been trying to contact Jeremy Sloan, my agent from UTR, for over a week now with no return phone call. I've tried calling other numbers which were at the bottom of emails received by UTR, and the numbers have been disconnected.

DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE DRAWN IN BY THEIR SCAM!

If/When Jeremy Sloan, or any representative from UTR returns to my call to explain why they said, "I guarantee they will accept the offer in compromise because this is what we do. We know what the IRS will accept" or maybe, why they told me, "the only reason you will be denied is if there is any financial information you aren't telling us about ie: a trust" and then I was still completely turned down by the IRS, I will be happy to retract this statement.

But for now, I'm resigned to the fact that I'm out $3000 dollars and am reviewing the contract I signed to see if I have any legal recourse against UTR.

Unfortunately,
    Ann Slayton

Mar 17, 2010

I did finally get a return phone call from UTR. Specifically, from Jeremy Sloan. He claimed he had been calling another number associated with my acct instead of the number I had been leaving in my voicemails. He did not have an answer as to why I was denied, though, he verified that I had submitted it to the wrong location, and that when I received my document, there should have been some UTR letter or something telling me where to send my OIC (there was nothing like that in the box). His suggestion was to contact the IRS and try to get the 60 page or so document I submitted to them back.

I got a second phone call from UTR a few minutes ago, actually a voice mail, from Michael Krenshaw. To parahprase, and I'll do my best as he was talking fast, he was trying to stop the papers from going out about the slander on Google. Maybe, just maybe, he was calling to see how he could help resolve my problem. I'll let you know.

• Jm
      Mar 21, 2010

I hired United Tax relief to help reduce my $30, 000 tax debt several months ago. I thought the service and professionalism was excellent. The case was going great and all of sudden my case was haulted and rejected by the IRS. I then became mad that the case was haulted and contacted United Tax Relief. United Tax Relief looked furher more into my case and come to find out that I did not mail an important paper that was told to me in my instructions (overlooked?) also they saw that the last place from many years ago that filed my taxes made a lot of mistakes. So they went ahead and refiled those 3 years from back in early 2003 FREE of charge!! In the end I only ending up oweing the IRS $3, 624.00! I and my family THANK United Tax Relief for everything they have done for us!

Joseph Mullins
    NY, NY

May 17, 2010

I had 4 companies with 8 years of returns with a 750, 00.00 tax debt. I called United Tax Relief and they profesionally amended all my companies returns and then settled the tax debt to 75, 00.00!!!

I Highly Recommend United Tax Relief!

John beacon

• Li
      Sep 01, 2010

My husband and I paid this company UNITED TAX RELIEF $3500.00 and they did nothing for us. The IRS put liens on us and were about to attach our wages. We worked everything out with the IRS ourselves. If you have tax problems go TO THE IRS. Work it out with them. Don't allow these thieves like United Tax Relief to take advantage of you. We lost $3500.00 dollars that we don't have. They are no better than any rip off scam artist out there. Now all we need is a class action suit against them.

• Un
      Sep 15, 2010

WOW!!! LINDA PASCIOLLIS A FAKE PERSON, IT IS AMAZING HOW UNITED TAX RELIEF HAS NEVER SPOKE TO A SO CALLED LINDA PASCIOLL. WE ARE DEFINATLEY LOOKING INTO HAVING THE IP ADDRESS TRACKED AND REPORTED FOR FRAUDULANT CLAIMS. WE PROVIDE SUPERIOR SERVICE WITH SUPERIOR RATES ALONG WITH GENUINE CARE FOR ALL OF OUR CLIENTS.

• La
      Sep 22, 2010

I hired United Tax Relief 4 months ago as I was in need of some severe help. The Consultant was excellent from the beginning to the end with my case, as I also have to give credit to the Tax Attorneys also, as they removed my lien and reduced my tax debt from $38, 800.00 to $9, 237.52. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND UNITED TAX RELIEF TO ANYONE!!

Larry Wolfe
    Austin, Texas

Dec 29, 2010

JUST WANT TO MAKE IT VERY CLEAR THAT THE COMPLAINTS THAT ARE BEING REGISTERED HERE ARE PERTAINING TO A COMPANY IN FLORIDA WHO AT TIMES ALSO CLAIMS TO BE IN CALIFORNIA, WHO DECIDED TO BEGIN CALLING THEMSELVES UNITED TAX RELIEF ABOUT A YEAR OR SO AGO. THE ACTUAL UNITED TAX RELIEF IS LOCTED IN CANOGA PARK CALIFORNIA AND HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER TWELVE YEARS. THEY ARE ACCREDITED AND HIGHLY RATED WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. THEY PROVIDE COMPLETE REPRESENTATION BEFORE THE IRS BY ASSIGNING EVERY CLIENT A TAX ATTORNEY (JAMES SHARMAT) AND ENROLLED AGENT (STACY CARLUCCI). IF YOU DID NOT SIGN A POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR REPRESENTATION WHICH INCLUDED THESE NAMES, YOU HAVE NOT HIRED UNITED TAX RELIEF. IF THIS IS THE CASE WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT IT. YOU CAN CALL US AT [protected]. PLEASE ALSO TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN CONSIDERING HIRING UNITED TAX RELIEF. THE POSITIVE COMMENTS ARE BEING SUBMITTED FOR THE REAL UNITED TAX RELIEF.

Dec 29, 2010

WOW!!! ITS AMAZING WHAT COMPANIES WILL DO TO TRY TO DO TO FEED OF OFF YOUR HONESTY, INTEGRITY AND HARD WORK WITH AN EXCELLENT REPUTATION WITHIN THE TAX INDUSTRY. UNITED TAX RELIEF CORP HAS NEVER IMPLIED WE ARE UNITED TAX RELIEF IN CALIFORNIA WITH THE LOW BBB SCORE??? WHY WOULD WE?? IT DOES NOT MAKE ANY SENSE?? IT PRETTY PATHETICE WHAT SOME COMPANIES WILL DO WHEN THEY DO NO SUPPLY PROPER SERVICE, SO THEY FEED OF OFF OTHERS TO BOOST THEMSELVES UP BECAUSE OF POOR SERVICE. UNITED TAX RELIEF CORP HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR YEARS IN FLORIDA, WITH TONS OF SATIFIED FEEDBACK BECAUSE WE CONTINUALLY PROVIDING SUPERIOR SERVICE WITH THE LOWEST RATES. PERIOD. WE HAVE NEVER IMPLIED WE ARE UNITED TAX RELIEF IN CALIFORNIA WITH THE LOW BBB SCORE??? WE ARE HAPPY TO SERVE THE PUBLIC WITH THE HIGHEST STANDARDS IN THE TAX INDUSRTY!

UNITED TAX RELIEF CORP

Dec 29, 2010

When did you become United Tax Relief Corp? Why do you assume we are refering to you? Do you have a Jeremy Sloan in your company? We are just letting our clients and perspective clients know who are searching on the internet, who we are and how to differentiate from other similar named companies.

• Ky
      Jan 07, 2011

To whom it may concern,
    I worked with United Tax Relief in Florida earlier last year. The reason that I am writing this letter is because I personally called United Tax Relief to thank them for my successful Offer in Compromise. I saved over 24, 000.00. The IRS even seized my daughters savings fund I had save for over 13 years and UTR was able to get it back. This is why I personally called them to thank them and I asked if there was anyway that I could give my testimonial. Michael Crenshaw my consultant told me that the most helpful thing I could do for them was to post my testimonial here on this sight because of the untrue complaints that were being registered here by their competitors. I am happy to do so. The reason that I chose United Tax Relief, the reason that I chose Michael rather, was because of his sincerity. We spoke on the phone for over 3 1/2 hours about my situation. He expressed genuine concern and did what he said he could do for me. I am returning the favor and hopefully Michael will give me a deal on my 2010 taxes(just kidding Mike). The favor has been returned several times over already. I can get on with my life now. If you have concerns about UTR and who they are, just ask for Mike, you'll be able to see that he really does care.

Kyle Freeley
    [protected]@gmail.com(I am a house painter located in the Boston area-if you need my expertise-please send me an email-Thanks.)

Jan 11, 2011

That's great if this is in fact true that he helped this woman. However, we are receiving calls on a weekly basis from people who have made payments to Michael Crenshaw and Jeremy Sloan, as well as others with the company calling themselves United Tax Relief in Florida. These people claim that they made a partial or full payment to them and when they try to reach them afterward they cannot. The numbers are disconnected, or ring through, or they get voice mail and their messages are not returned. When they try to find them and come across our website, they assume that we are them or associated with them and call us. We are not affiliated with them in any way and are striving to have the company discontinue the use our good name. We are not writing this message to discredit anyone in an effort to get our competitors business as they seem to be implying in previous messages above . We are only stating the facts as they are coming to us. We are more concerned that a company is using our name and possibly taking advantage of unsuspecting tax payers who need help. I searched there website to try to help others who have hired them and it appears that it is now no longer available. What about their Better Business Bureau rating? Are they even accredited with the BBB? When a client hires us before and after making their payments, we are always available to them. As the managing director and senior tax resolution specialist with the original United Tax Relief here in California, I am always available to our clients 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Jan 13, 2011

I have done research and there is multiples of different United Tax Reliefs within the USA so please get your facts straight. We are an ethical dedicated firm that has an outstanding reputation with all organizations and the tax industry along with a top Better Business Bureau rating. Our phone number has always been open 24 hours a day seven days a week to all of our clients. Through the years we have gotten many phone calls from other companys clients that have had multiple different issues from UTR that was not even our clients. So speaking out negativley about UTR Corp and some of the staff example, Michael and Jeremy who have had thousands of appreciations for there help is pretty low in effort to boost UTR in California. Through the years we have multiples of names of people who worked with UTR with complaints and not us but we will not stoop to that level of name calling. Bottom line we will continue to have an outstanding reputaion with Superior Service and the Lowest rates open to the public.

Jan 13, 2011

Actually, there cannot be multiple companies with the same name. I believe everyone knows that to be true. There are a few companies with similar names such as yours...United Tax Relief Corp, and there's United Tax Relief Center, etc. However, there is only One "United Tax Relief", we are the original tax debt negotiators, located at 7240 Remmet Ave. Canoga PArk, CA 91303. We are not affiliated with any other company in any other location. We have been successfully helping thousands of tax payers resolve their tax debts since we were established in 1999. This was the original purpose for our posting on this site, was to clarify who we are and differentiate between ourselves and the others. We have no desire to try to take business from our competitors as is being implied above. There is no need to play games, we handle all 50 states and there are plenty of clients for all of the tax companies out there. We are however, very concerned about any company who is not ethical and taking advantage of unsuspecting tax payers, especially when using our name. In that case for our sake and the clients, we would prefer to handle their tax matters. We make a living helping people. It is very disturbing to hear almost on a weekly basis that people are unable to find the individuals who took there money after telling them they could help them with their tax debt. This is a big concern for us. We always provide full representation with both an attorney and an enrolled agent and do all of the necessary work and paperwork needed to get our clients settlements accepted. They do not have to deal with the IRS once we have taken power of attorney of their tax issues. We became accredited with the Better Business Bureau in the year 2000. Another thing to be aware of when trying to decipher who's who and for how long, is to check on the BBB website. Don't pay attention only to the letter grade of the company, be certain to notice how long the company has been in business as well as how long they have been listed with the Better Business Bureau...and whether they are accredited or not. All of this information is available for you. I hope this helps anyone trying to figure out what do do when considering multiple companies while trying to decide who to hire to resolve their tax debt.

We are proud of who we are and what we do. We don't want our industry tarnished by a few unethical groups of individuals who take advantage of tax payers by relieving them of their hard earned monies, then leaving them with no other choice but to deal with the IRS on their own since they have become wary and unwilling to trust any another company to help with resolving their tax debt once and for all.
    Please call us if you've had a similar experience with any company using our name.

Ross Bouchet
    Senior Tax Resolution Specialist
    [protected] ext 541

• Nu
      Apr 25, 2011

I sent a tickler amount of info to United Tax Relief and they wouldn't leave me alone. They must be paid on commission. I decided to not do anything with them after the third guy who called me told told me that he had a military background. Not a problem in that the military serves us well for a place to go for people who don't know where they're going, nor how to get there. But a military background person sure isn't the guy I want doing something serious, like our taxes!

• Sh
      Jun 13, 2011

A friend of mine recently went through United Tax Relief...{just started the process} and now after reading all of this, I'm not sure if the one he is going through is legit. Here's the info of one of the people who emailed him:
    Chris Ward
    Senior Consultant
    334 2nd Ave N., Jacksonville Beach FL 32250
    [protected] ext 106
    www.taxreliefexperts.com

Anyone know if they are really legit?
    Thank you, Renee.
    Oh, and you can contact me through email too at [protected]@gmail.com.

• Ss
      Aug 19, 2011

Ross Bouchet Please contact me Immediately. My name is Sean Snider, I am a client of yours. All of the numbers that i have to contact you are disconnected!!!

Sep 09, 2011

WHAT DID I DO WRONG TO U.T.R. FOR YOU TO STOP HELPING US I KNOW YOU ASKED FOR MORE MONEY BUT I FELT AFTER 6OR 7 YRS OF CALLING FAXING GETTING BANKSTATEMENTS MAKING COPIES OF THIS & THAT GETTING TRANSFERED FROM ONE REP TO ANOTHER NO RETURN PHONE CALLS OR E-MAILS OF ANY TYPE OF IMPORTANCE MAYBE 1OR 2 TRIED TO GET IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE TO SEE HOW MUCH MORE U.T.R. WANTED BUT ALL LINES OF COMMUNICATION ARE UNAVAILABLE SOMEDAY YOU ALL WILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO A HIGHER POWER FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO AMERICAN FAMILIES IN THIS DAY & AGE [protected]@comcast.net

• Je
      Sep 14, 2011

My fiance and I payed$3000 to United Tax Relief and a "so called" Jeremy Sloan and Michael Crenshaw. The cashiers check was cashed and now these two scam artists are no where to be found and we are out the money. Even the emails that were sent to me are not in my inbox! Please be careful and don't trust everything you hear!!!

• Ic
      Sep 21, 2011

Hello Sean Snider. Would you or anyone else here like Ross Bouchet's cellular phone number? Would you like Stacy Fournier Carlucci's? how about her husband Tony's? How about her daughter, Bianna or Alexia's?

• Vi
      Feb 02, 2012

The below number is for GO Cheap!!!
    Ross Bouchet
    Senior Tax Resolution Specialist
    [protected] ext 541

May 15, 2012

which company is the legit one.
    United Tax Relief Corporation or the United Tax Relief
    I dont want to be caught by some scam artist.
    Number I have is for United Tax Relief Corp. at 1.800.260.3201

Please Help!!!

•   Aug 08, 2012

These resources may help taxpayers faced with an unscrupulous "tax professional" :

1) Contact the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR) and file a complaint. They oversee, and can sanction, Attorneys, CPAs, Enrolled Agents, Registered Tax Return Preparers (RTRP) and others. http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0, , id=175512, 00.html

2) Use IRS Form 14157 to file a written complaint against your tax return preparer. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f14157.pdf

In all cases, always search the Web in the name of the person AND company you're thinking about hiring. Websites (such as this one) provide invaluable feedback to taxpayers and expose those organizations that don't have their client's best interest in mind.

Michael Raanan, MBA, EA
    President

• Di
      Feb 22, 2013

Don't get scammed by United Tax Relief. All they do is lie and steal your money and put you in a worse situation then you were in prior to asking for help from these scam artists. SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

• Di
      Feb 22, 2013

SCAM!

• El
      Mar 01, 2013

10 MONTH AGO MY HUSBAND AND I PAID 3, 000 DOLLARS. WE HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING FROM JASON BARTON SENIOR CONSULTANT UNITED TAX RELIEF 334 2ND AVE, N JACKSONVILLE BEACH, FL, 32250. SO I GOT ON THE INTERNET TO SEE IF I COULD FINE A DIFFERENT NUMBER. I.M JUST SICKEN TO SEE ALL THE COMMENTS WHICH MAKES ME AWARE THAT WE HAVE BEEN SCAMMED. THE LAST CALL WE RECIEVED FROM THEM WAS FROM A LADY NAMED DANA [protected] IT SHOWED IT WAS FROM TEXAS. 3 MONTHS INTO IT, WE CALLED TO GET AN UPDATE, THEY SAID THAT WE HAD TO BE PATIENT AND THAT THEY HAD NOT HEARD FROM THE IRS AND THEY WOULD END THE CALL BY SAYING HAVE A BLESSED DAY. I THINK THE FIRST 3 MONTHS THEY STAY IN CONTACT BECAUSE WE WROTE 3 CHECKS AT $950.00 EACH MONTH MAKING SURE THE CHECKS WOULD CEAR. I FEEL ANGRY, STUPID AND HUMULIATED. IF ANYONE CAN HELP US ON THIS MATTER PLEASE LET US KNOW. I, VE LEFT MESSAGES LETTING THEM KNOW WE WILL BE CONTACTING THE NEW MEDIA. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THERE ADVERTISMENT WAS ON THE RADIO. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSSION IT HAD TO BE LEGEL. THIS IS A START FOR OTHER PEOPLE TO BE AWARE. THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS. [protected]@GMAIL.COM

• 33
      Apr 15, 2013

The florida company is a scam!!! I am out $600 They wanted $1800 and I could sense something was a little off so I worked out a deal with them before I committed to anything that they would only get 13 of the money till they did what they said they could do. No one should use them. I have called and left messages for them at every extension and no one will call me back. I'm glad I did not give them the full amount. I hope everyone sees the scam they are pulling off
    I gave up and figured that my $600 is gone forever This is stupid that they are allowed to do business this way.