United States Postal Service [USPS] / package not being delivered in timely manner

1 Emnora Road Location, Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

From my local post office (Houston), I sent a package headed to New York on December 13, 2018 priorty two-day mail. I have been tracking my package and now it is not expected to arrive until December 22, 2018. The estimated arrival date was supposed to be last Monday (12/17). According to the tracking history, my package stayed in Houston post office for three days and is taking longer and longer to reach the destination. This was a Christmas gift. The person I mailed it to is leaving New York today and will not be at work (where the package was to be delivered) on Saturday (22nd). Very upset after spending a ridiculous fee of $13.65 plus insurance to be delivered and package taking over nine days.

De
Dec 21, 2018

Comments

• Ge
      24th of Dec, 2018

Mailed box on Dec 11 and told them I needed to be delivered by Christmas so went with what clerk said was ok they will get it dec 17 . Today is Dec24 and it looks like it might take 8 more days, Thanks USPS for your not so good service

5th of Jan, 2019

I was suppose to get a package delivered yesterday, January 4, 2019 which was amazon prime. When the substitute carrier delivered my mail I asked where my package was. Her reply was "I didn't have room in my vehicle so it is at the post office". I then asked when it will be delivered since it was to be delivered today and was told "it won't be today"! This is unacceptable! I then tried to call the post office, but all it did was ring then sounded like somebody picked the phone up and hung up. I kept called for over an hour. I did call Amazon and they also tried to call the post office which the same happened, ring, somebody picked up the phone and hung up no voice nothing! This happens all the time in Tallahassee, Florida! USPS has completely POOR SERVICE. I then called and filed a complaint about the substitute carrier on what she said. After 8 PM Amazon sent a email stating that the post office tried to deliver the package but the building was locked! I do live in a residential neighborhood, single story home which I have lived at for 30 years. I told Amazon to give me their email and I would send a copy of my security video for the day so show that USPS didn't even try to deliver the package and that they would hear what the substitute carrier said. I think if everyone would tell Amazon to have either UPS or Fed-ex deliver packages maybe the service would be much better. USPS has the worse service I have ever seen!