United States Postal Service / passport

1 150 Sutter St. San Francisco, CA, United States

Today, I went to the post office down on Sutter to apply for a new passport. I was told at the Chinatown post office, that I had to go there because I wasn't old enough so I went there today. So I filled out the two different passport forms since the instructions weren't clear. When I got to the Sutter post office, the guy that was there was really unprofessional. The guy that was wearing sunglasses. He could have just told me that I couldn't do it without both of my parents and the original birth certificate. But he did not do that. He ended up giving me a whole lecture about how I need a California State ID when he told me that my passport is an acceptable ID. Well in the first place, he did not even listen to me. I told him that I filled out two forms and I didn't know which one I was suppose to use, and then he took the DS-82 form and asked me if I was 16, he specifically said I was not 16 but how would he know. I feel that is so disrespectful even to a 16 year old. He shouldn't have been like that and then he looked at my passport and it says 1992. He still said I was not 16. Then he went into the backroom and made me wait for so long. The whole reason why I filled out two forms was to ask him which one was right. He went into the backroom to just prove to me that I couldn't use that one. I knew I couldn't, that's why I filled out the other one. He came back telling me how it's important to get a California State ID and that is so unnecessary. All I wanted to do today was either turn in my passport forms or to know if I have to go home and get the required stuff. It took me about 30 minutes to know if I could turn them in today. I think I'm old enough to be told something more respectfully. It's not necessary for him to lecture me. He's the one getting paid and I think he should treat me a little better than what he did today.

Ma